Contribute
Register

10.7.3 Retail install

Status
Not open for further replies.
boot0 issue finally solved for my setup.

I used this solution -

johnhocm said:
try this:
https://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?t=42881&p=283088
it worked for me
seems like many people are getting this boot0 error problem

Thanks again Johnhocm for this solution.

And thanks Jester for all your help.

If you can, please take a look at John's link and let me know if you have any ideas on the differences between that solution and the Ubuntu solution.

In principle, they're the same. But the outcome is different some how. The only thing I could see different is after the file finishes copying, the terminal text outputted is different by 1 digit. The first digit is a 1 on both lines of text for John's solution and a 2 on both lines of text for the Ubuntu solution. I hope that's clear enough of an explanation.

Thanks!

People will have different numbers sometimes.

I am glad you have fixed your issue. This community is amazing! :D

New question: The system clock in BIOS is different than my OS X clock. Also Windows 7 clock matches BIOS clock which is incorrect.

Research shows a discussion about OS X setting the BIOS clock. Is that really possible?

Also, someone said to use the appletime.exe file that's used in Bootcamp. Anyone with my motherboard have any success with that? It didn't work for me.

The other solutions seemed more like workarounds than a fix.

Any new thoughts on this with regards to 10.7.3?

Just did a fresh install of 10.7.3, thanks for the topic some of things you learned really helped me. I had to put in at the boot screen PCIRootUID to get lion install to start. I wonder if that is some thing with this update to get it to work.
Everything works now. Except to boot into lion I have to type PCIRootUID every time. I'll start a new topic but wanted to thank you.

bothan said:
Just did a fresh install of 10.7.3, thanks for the topic some of things you learned really helped me. I had to put in at the boot screen PCIRootUID to get lion install to start. I wonder if that is some thing with this update to get it to work.
Everything works now. Except to boot into lion I have to type PCIRootUID every time. I'll start a new topic but wanted to thank you.

You're welcome Bothan. I'm glad my learning experience was a help :)

I don't know if PCIRootUID is specific to this update, but I think there's something in Multibeast that let's you install (configure?) PCIRootUID. Check that out.

Minor Issue: Wake up on mouse works when I use a mouse button, but doesn't work simply by moving the mouse. This is with my Logitech mouse and my Apple mouse. And yes, both work on my Apple MacBook Pro.

Anybody else have the similar issue? or solved this issue?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back