Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey,
I tried to built me a mac for my living room tv. I got these components and tried to install lion (I had made a new reload of lion from the app store and apparently its already 10.7.2). I used the tutorials here to istall win7 and this is working without any problems. The lion installation has no errors either but at first start there are two things:

1. Sound isn't working
2. finder is crashing all the time i want to open it

I tried multibeast in auto-mode, this fixes the finder crashes, but still there is no sound and the graphic driver seems to be changed. there ist just a 5mb graphic card shown, instead of the 8800gtx working fine before multibeast...

After a little bit of searching here and the board and googling, I found a custom dsdt and some kext. they are working, but they are actually for 10.6.8. sleep, graphics and sound work with them, but than the finder still crashes. I also treid to fix permissions, but without any succes.

Does someone have an idea what I can try to fix these problems?
Thanks in advance
Greetings

Here are my specs:
-Intel Core2Duo E7600
-2x4 GB DDR3 1333 CL9 RAM
-Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTX, 768 MB, PCIe
-Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-D3V
-Belkin PCI G-Plus W-Lan (works directly!)

So I had a couple more runs, but the problem ist still there...

After installation of lion I used multibeast in "Easybeast" mode. After a reboot the finder works fine, but no audio and the graphic driver is not correct. So i used multibeast to install sound and it works perfect. I also installed "NVEnabler.kext" and "sleepenabler.kext", after the reebot the sleepmode works fine and the graphic driver ist the right one. Bot the finder crashes again. I don't know where the problem could be...

I have recently used the same Motherboard, Core 2 Duo E8400 with EL CAPITAN and a Nvidia GT610 and got everything working fine. Needed the ALC889.kext to get the sound running but everything else is straight out the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back