CPU
i7-7700K
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Every now and then my mouse cursor will vanish when I move it from screen to screen. It's rather annoying and I have to click or hit the expose key twice in order to make it re-appear.

I'm using a Razer Deathadder 3500DPI with latest Mac drivers.

Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks

I'm having this issue as well. However, I can click anywhere three or four times for it to reappear. Using a Logitech G500 on 10.7.2.

i7-2600k
gigabyte z68xp-ud3p
nvidia gtx460 (x2 sli in windows)

Does this happen in any software or only one (like Finder.app)?
I have dual screens and I haven't noticed a disappearing cursor yet, but sometimes it takes a second to find it, and for all I know it could've been missing.

I have a Logicool MX620 and a Wacom tablet / 10.7.2.

iPatch said:
Does this happen in any software or only one (like Finder.app)?
I have dual screens and I haven't noticed a disappearing cursor yet, but sometimes it takes a second to find it, and for all I know it could've been missing.

I have a Logicool MX620 and a Wacom tablet / 10.7.2.

Interesting that you mention the Wacom tablet. I have one of those plugged in as well.

It happens through any application, full screen or not. Sometimes Firefox, sometimes Spotify, Hulu Desktop, World of Warcraft. I don't think it has to do with the applications though. I think it's more of a system-wide thing, personally.

I had lots of problems with my Wacom tablet when it was plugged into a bad USB hub. The cursor jumped, it was jittery at times and didn't respond sometimes. The hub built into the Apple keyboards never gave me any trouble, though.

iPatch said:
I had lots of problems with my Wacom tablet when it was plugged into a bad USB hub. The cursor jumped, it was jittery at times and didn't respond sometimes. The hub built into the Apple keyboards never gave me any trouble, though.

I didn't really even think of it until you mentioned the tablet, so I installed the official drivers for it and it seems to have solved a different issue entirely, which was random system freezes. They would be constant but frequent where the screen would not move and the only thing i could do is restart it manually. Haven't gotten one since my last post in this thread, which is quite a miracle. However, the disappearing mouse cursor is still happening.Have the latest geforce drivers and everything.

dare599z said:
iPatch said:

I didn't really even think of it until you mentioned the tablet, so I installed the official drivers for it and it seems to have solved a different issue entirely, which was random system freezes. They would be constant but frequent where the screen would not move and the only thing i could do is restart it manually. Haven't gotten one since my last post in this thread, which is quite a miracle. However, the disappearing mouse cursor is still happening.Have the latest geforce drivers and everything.

Actually, I forgot to knock on wood. My system hung literally after that message successfully posted. Extremely frustrating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back