Graphics
Gigabyte 7550
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys, hopefully someone can help. I recently bought new hardware including a mobo GA-H61M-DS2, The gigabyte site says that the board has the Realtek Codec, but doesn't specify:

"Realtek audio codec
High Definition Audio
2/4/5.1/7.1-channel
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver."

Which do I use? I've tried all of them to no avail.

Revision 2.0 of the Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 motherboard uses Realtek ALC887, so I imagine this would be the case with revision 1.0 and 1.2. In MultiBeast, under "Audio", select "Realtek ALC8XX", then also select "ALC8XXHDA" and "AppleHDA Rollback". See the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• 11_MultiBeast.png
    11_MultiBeast.png
    156.2 KB · Views: 329
Thanks, I've done that already, but it hasn't worked. I think I need to delete the original file that was created and start over. Where is the new extensions folder with all the kext's at? The extra/extensions folder is missing after using the newer releases of multibeast.

Does anyone know if the issue could stem from not connecting the Front of Case ports?

sirsyco said:
Does anyone know if the issue could stem from not connecting the Front of Case ports?

I've attached the front port using the Azalia cord? and it still doesn't work.

I used voodoo and it works just fine with the exception that there is a slight hiss
worth it i must say
p.m if you want the specific highlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back