Contribute
Register

10.7.1 Firewire ioaudiofamily kernel panic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Status of my problem atm:

i just finished installing windows 7 and here is what happened...
i was realy supriced the same **** happened here too, no sound , the GUI of panel lags like a gameboy color was processing it just like os x, so my problem is my firewire card.. must be broken..

i know this topics says kernel panic, but i ran into that problem 2, but i allso been able too avoid it..
been using 2 mac os
osx SL 10.6.3 directly updated too 10.6.8
osx lion 10.7.2 (app updated too 10.7.2)
When did i get it ?
Osx lion 10.7.2 with multibeast 4.2.1 (app updated too 10.7.2 soo direct install and just multibeast)

when didnt i get it ?
Osx lion 10.7.2 with multibeast 4.1.0
Osx SL 10.6.8 with multibeast 3.10.1 and 3.9.1

i think the deffences in 4.1.0 and 4.2.1 is because new Chimera bootloader and some other features

dunno what version u guys are using..
but looks like i have too get my hands on a new pci-e FW card before i even can carry on my journey getting my impact twin working on any OS atm hehe

but good luck too all of you out there with TC problems :)

Hmmm... I have got working konnekt 6. It's a good news (at least for me) ;)
First of all I tried to upgrade to 10.7.3 (11D36). Upgraded without problems, but still the same kernel crash after installing tc near drivers. As a last chance I downgraded chimera from 1.7.0 to 1.4.1...
As a result -- Chimera 1.4.1 can normally boot 10.7.3 at least in 64bit mode. TC Audio Interface v.251_6973 running without any problems. No kernel crashes, TC Near control panel fully working. The only problem -- OS's audio mixer (volume control) is not working... not a big problem, imho ;)

Looks like the main problem with firewire ioaudiofamily is a problem with bootloader.

PS: sorry for my english, and a good luck with your FW interfaces! =)

gdigger said:
First of all I tried to upgrade to 10.7.3 (11D36). Upgraded without problems, but still the same kernel crash after installing tc near drivers. As a last chance I downgraded chimera from 1.7.0 to 1.4.1...
As a result -- Chimera 1.4.1 can normally boot 10.7.3 at least in 64bit mode. TC Audio Interface v.251_6973 running without any problems. No kernel crashes, TC Near control panel fully working. The only problem -- OS's audio mixer (volume control) is not working... not a big problem, imho ;)

Looks like the main problem with firewire ioaudiofamily is a problem with bootloader.

PS: sorry for my english, and a good luck with your FW interfaces! =)

How did you downgrade to chimera? links? i am still having the same kernal panics no matter what i do. :(

FullMelt said:
gdigger said:
How did you downgrade to chimera? links? i am still having the same kernal panics no matter what i do. :(
Just installed 1.4.1 :) I can't remember exact download link, just found it somewhere using google.
Ok, try to install attached one ;)

Attachments

• Chimera-1.4.1.zip
    356.4 KB · Views: 103
I just bought the TC ELectronic Twin Impact and had the same problem with booting. I followed gdigger's suggestion and reverted back to Chimera 1.41. Works like a dream, even with a VIA onboard chipset!

If the problem cannot be solved otherwise, as ultima ratio this workaround is possible:

1.) More the KEXT of the audio device from /S/L/E to your home folder

2.) Boot the system without the driver

3.) Run a terminal, gain root access

4.) Type 'kextload ./name-of-the-audio-driver.kext'

If you load the driver manually on the booted system, it loads without any kernel panics.

captcrunch24 said:
I just bought the TC ELectronic Twin Impact and had the same problem with booting. I followed gdigger's suggestion and reverted back to Chimera 1.41. Works like a dream, even with a VIA onboard chipset!

I tried that but that created a new problem: every other cold boot, startup didn't get past the boot screen.

Rather than reverting to an older bootloader, I managed to get my TC electronic Konnect 6 to work with the most recent version of Chameleon (installed using Chameleon wizard: Chameleon 2.1svn r1902).

No more kernel panics, no startup problems...

yes the latest version of chimera boots up without any kernel panics,but i still get audio dropouts.i have to change the sample rate in my interface to get sound back..then it goes out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back