Contribute
Register

10.6.8 Restored from a cloned disc, now neighter the cloned nor the source work. can only run intall

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
snow leopard 10.6.6
CPU
intel i7 2.9 overclocked to 3.2gh
Graphics
gigabyte ati radeon hd5770 1gb
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Here is my story,

any tips how to fix without reinstalling OS would be highly appreciated

I had a clone of my working OSX 10.6.8 made with ccc (now I found out the cloned disc didn't have the bootloader installed, but it still loaded fine many times).

I messed up things on the original OS and it didn't start, I got the boot error message.
So I decided to restore my system from the cloned one, and after that none of the OS work. What went wrong?

Now I am only able to boot with iBoot and can choose between the two OS, but when I boot none of them works, even in single user mode my USB KEYBOARD and mouse doesn't work, so I can't type in any instructions.

The only thing I can do is boot to the original SL retail DVD and get to the terminal.
And my question is: is there any way to fix my OS from the terminal running from the installation DVD?
For example can I cope the bootloader to one of the discs?

THanks

Kaz
First off you should check your BIOS settings for those special selections we need ...
S3 ACPI etc ... also make sure that your USB section in BIOS has the USB special features enabled like enable legacy support.( for USB 1.0 devices like mice and keyboards)

If you can ... place the CCC drive that has no Boot loader on the first SATA port remove the original HDD. Disconnect it and mark it for reference.

As you're not telling us which version of iBoot You have ... using the iBoot 3.30 boot from downloads use this CD and select the HDD that has the CCC version of your OSX. Boot iBoot see if you can select this HDD.

This should get you to the TMX boot screen and you should be able to enter boot commands. That way you can see any failures. (-v) is one....

If you get to the desktop... and have the proper MultiBeast file .. run it and install the Bootloader separately... select from the menu system. See if you can find which version it is that is installed as Chimera has a bunch of versions. Do reboot and run the -v -f switches to see if this fix's your problem.

you can also use the latest Chimera 3.01 ( downloads) too I am told for Snow Leo which is a stand alone install.

Suggest reading some articles in the FORUM - TOOLS - CHIMERA section as this is where users post issues w Chimera Bootloaders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back