Contribute
Register

10.6.8 ALC889 analog 5.1 inputs not working (see attachment)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
MSI Z97 Gaming 5
CPU
Intel i7 4790K
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 / GT 120
I have a Dell 5650 5.1 speaker system, which has 3 stereo analog outs that plug into my GA Z68XP-UD3 center/sub, front, and rear speaker inputs.

In my Sound preference pane in System Preferences, Internal Speakers gives me no sound, the first Line Out gives me sound to my center and subwoofer channels, the second Line Out gives me sound to my front left and right channels, and the Digital Out is grayed out. I have to plug in my rear left and right channel plug into the single IN port on my motherboard to get sound to my rear left and right channels with the Internal Speakers option in System Preferences.

If I use an adapter that patches the three outputs into a single output, and plug in that single stereo output to the single In input on my board, then I get stereo out of all my speakers, rear left and right included. I've attached pictures of the inputs and such to the post.

On my Windows 7 partition, the 3 analog stereo inputs give me 5.1, but I haven't figured out how to get 5.1 at all. Does anyone know how I might get it up and running in OS X? I am running 10.6.8 with ALC889.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Speaker Info.jpg
    Speaker Info.jpg
    733 KB · Views: 506
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back