Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
My SandyBridge ASUS P8P67 build was running 10.6.7 brilliantly, until I recently added a new LCD to my set up. Trying to run dual heads now (both DVI, hooked up to two DVI ports on the 6850), and both displays come on mirrored during boot, through the Apple boot screen, but when the Finder comes up, the second display loses signal, and then shuts off.

Any ideas?

I'm using the Duckweed frame buffer.

Video card is Asus Radeon 6850 DirectCU.

Some progress:

Running without GraphicsEnabler=Yes makes dual displays work (on dual DVI), however then the DVDPlayer and GeekBench crashing problems rear their head (and card is not identified as 6850 in SP).

With GraphicsEnabler on, though, only the one DVI port is active. Have checked HDMI, the second DVI port, and they're not working. Haven't tried the DisplayPort, though. No cable.

Tried some other framebuffers besides Duckweed (the correct one), and no luck...

Okay, so I'm surprised by this. It seems that 6xxx don't ACTUALLY work 100% then, right? Full acceleration and multiple displays on all ports (HDMI, dual DVI, DisplayPort) with graphics enabler YES???

Same problem with my XFX Radeon 6850. Fiddling with it, I managed to get a mirrored boot, with the apple logo on both screens, then the second monitor drops out the instant the OS comes up.

I'll keep fiddling. The system is aware of the ports, as it lists them in "about this mac," but saying "no display connected" even if there is one. Tried GraphicsEnabler=No at boot, but haven't been able to get dual displays at all. You say you nixed GraphicsEnabler=Yes?

Should have a solution sooner than later on the boards....

I'm having the same problem with my XFX Radeon 6850 running SL 10.6.8. If I set GraphicsEnabler to no, dual displays work beautifully on two DVI ports, however, without full acceleration Geekbench and DVD player crash.

When I set GraphicsEnabler to yes, only one DVI port works, however I am able to run Geekbench and DVD player flawlessly.

I've also noticed the Source engine will not work unless GraphicsEnabler is yes.

Any help would be much appreciated. I have tried my DVI ports but not DP, as I don't own an adapter.

Seems this has been covered a little.. check out the post from frostcall on the page below...

viewtopic.php?f=54&t=24547&start=20

Seems 2 ports work oob... the displayport and the dvi port next to the hdmi out.

Looks like some of us will have to invest in another stupid adapter! Maybe one day all the ports will work. I was really looking forward to having the "wall'o'monitors."

Seems I will need to pick up a DP-DVI adaptor. Bah, I say!!

Steam also refuses to open for me, without graphicsenabler=yes. That plus no geekbench, no DVDplayer, no Source games, etc. makes it necessary.

BTW just wanted to add that the same problem is present in Lion. Only progress is that the card is correctly identified as "Radeon 6xxx" in Lion system profiler. But same functional disability.

Bought a DP-DVI adaptor. Problem solved. But no 2+ displays, I guess...? :(

salut moi là j'ai mon hackintoch lion 10.7.3 100% fonctionnel icloud et apple store aussi

voici mon boot.plist

<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Instant Menu</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>PCIRootUID</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Rescan</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
</dict>
</plist>

par contre,etant novice sur mac, je demande si je devrais pas changer quelque chose
niveaux acceleration graphique,je laisse les pros me conseiller :wave:

toujours personne :(

depuis j'ai recommencer au moins 10 fois,je peu me servir de time-machine,et tout le reste,mais sans DSDT :(

pourquoi moi mon DSDT me fait un panick kernel ?

des avis voici mon boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>AtiConfig</key>
<string>Vervet</string>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>Default Partition</key>
<string>hd(0,2)</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>ForceWake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1366x768x32</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>darkwake=0</string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>DType</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>UseAtiROM</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Wake</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
</plist>
mes 2 ecrants fonctionnent 1 en HDMI et 1 en VGA (ecrant principal-hdmi)

si je met l'ecrant HDMI et DVI alors c'est l'autre ecrant VGA qui devient l'ecrant numero 1
je vois que j'ai mon DSDT dans extra, je sais meme plus comment j'ai fait et si c'est bien le bon

@+ ;)
des avis ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back