Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could anyone owning a radeon 6xxx test the following please?

1. Maximize your browser window so it covers the screen.
2. Move the window horizontally, slowly and fast, from left to right, right to left.
3. Does the top part of the browser (address bar) show any screen tearing?

EDIT: I've reproduced the effect by filming it. Video here: download. At first with exposé it's not that noticable but pay attention to the top. Then when i press F5 (spaces overview), the tearing is more noticable.

Thanks in advance for testing guys.

injectx said:

2. Move the window horizontally, slowly and fast, from left to right, right to left.

I'll gladly try that when I have my 6870, but as I said a few posts up I can't do it until earliest early May.

injectx said:

No tearing at all.

Dont know if it is because i can only have GraphicsEnabler=No.

I attach some benchs.
In W7 i got 73 FPS in cinebench opengl bench.
In Mac os x only 31.
If i manage to set GE=Yes would i get same scores? Has anyone done it?
Its the last thing to test before make a clear installation to ssd, i solve also the 7.1 sound issue and thats only left!

Attachments

• 6870_0ati_1.6.32.12_GE_NO.png
    6870_0ati_1.6.32.12_GE_NO.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 161
professor said:
No tearing at all.

Dont know if it is because i can only have GraphicsEnabler=No.

I attach some benchs.
In W7 i got 73 FPS in cinebench opengl bench.
In Mac os x only 31.
If i manage to set GE=Yes would i get same scores? Has anyone done it?
Its the last thing to test before make a clear installation to ssd, i solve also the 7.1 sound issue and thats only left!

Thanks for testing. I have GraphicsEnabler=Yes and exactly the same Cinebench score.

EDIT: I've reproduced the effect by filming it. Video here: download. At first with exposé it's not that noticable but pay attention to the top. Then when i press F5 (spaces overview), the tearing is more noticable.

Thank you for the answer.
So we get less score than a 5770 so far.
I ve download bfbc2 game but it doesn't load to see how is the gameplay.

Well i cant reproduce that tearing effect on my system.

injectx said:

asus 6850. No such phenomenon.

DOES NOT WORK!

Brand=MSI
Model=R6950-2PM2D2GD5
Device ID=0x6719
Multibeast=3.4
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=Aznboy1993

NOTE: Card is unlocked to 6970 using MSI 6970 BIOS. Tried to manually insert device ID. No joy either way.

Aznboy1993 said:
Brand=MSI
Model=R6950-2PM2D2GD5
Device ID=0x6719
Multibeast=3.4
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=Aznboy1993

NOTE: Card is unlocked to 6970 using MSI 6970 BIOS. Tried to manually insert device ID. No joy either way.

This card works? If so, please do report how you installed it and what your cinebench results are.

injectx said:
Aznboy1993 said:
Brand=MSI
Model=R6950-2PM2D2GD5
Device ID=0x6719
Multibeast=3.4
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=Aznboy1993

This card works? If so, please do report how you installed it and what your cinebench results are.

I had my eyes on this card as well, but it was listed as not working on the main article announcement. If it's working now I'll gladly pay a little bit more for it.

EDIT: I've been heart-set on getting the XFX 6870 I've linked a few times already in this thread, but I'm having second thoughts.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... -_-Product

That's basically the same thing, except a mere 40 MHz slower, and it's made by MSI vs by XFX. I don't have the money for either at the moment, but I think I'm leaning towards the MSI model there. Oh and it's $25 cheaper!

What do you guys think?

I've been using the Sapphire HD 6850 1GB (not the TOXIC version) for a few weeks now. No problems whatsoever, though I have no DVD drive to test DVD Player. Starcraft II works with no issues though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back