Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rankel said:
doof said:
Rankel, you are not loading the framebuffer. If it was loaded the card would appear as radeon 6870 not ni40, you are still on the default frame buffer. Check your boot.plist.
I really have no idea what I am doing here, I used the same method to inject duckwee/gibba as I did to inject 64 bit and graphics enabler (which I had to boot with anyboot cd to remove)

There are other framebuffers, test them (check my sig).

My Asus-EAH5770 working great except everytime reboot I need to unplug & replug in to bring my 27" DVI to show up! :oops:

Attachments

• DK-1.jpg
    DK-1.jpg
    366.8 KB · Views: 176
manpower said:
My Asus-EAH5770 working great except everytime reboot I need to unplug & replug in to bring my 27" DVI to show up! :oops:
Could be nothing but maybe change this:
Code:
<string>arch=x86_64</string>
to this:
Code:
<key>arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>

injectx said:
manpower said:
Could be nothing but maybe change this:
Code:
<string>arch=x86_64</string>
to this:
Code:
<key>arch</key>
<string>x86_64</string>

After test it still no luck! But when I try didn't put the "ATIConfig=Duckweed" into the boot.plist, I lost my dual mon function as well! That is strange I though the ATIConfig only for 6000 cards?! :eek:

Duckweed, Gibba etc are framebuffer personalities. They control the output port mapping. Duckweed is a four output personality, 2 displayport, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI. Thats why it kills the second DVI. Gibba has five outputs but drops performance for some reason. BCC9 and Mucha at insanely mac have posted tools for parsing the card roms and drivers to extract the personality info and explain how to hexedit the personalities in the ATI section, but its not for the feint of heart.

doof said:
Duckweed, Gibba etc are framebuffer personalities. They control the output port mapping. Duckweed is a four output personality, 2 displayport, 1 HDMI, and 1 DVI. Thats why it kills the second DVI. Gibba has five outputs but drops performance for some reason. BCC9 and Mucha at insanely mac have posted tools for parsing the card roms and drivers to extract the personality info and explain how to hexedit the personalities in the ATI section, but its not for the feint of heart.

This thread?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/lofive ... 2-150.html

Looks pretty chewy :)

manpower said:
Specify your resolution in boot.plst and you should be fine

Rankel said:
If you don't want to read the long winded version, here is a straight to the point version:"Now I have found two models on newegg, but in this case the 5870 is actually $10 cheaper after rebate. Which card would you go with if you were ordering the card? I notice a lot of you are going with the 6870, but I am not sure why.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102909
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125316"

I can attest that the 5870 you linked to works with Chameleon and GE=yes. Theres one odd issue when booting into the os that i need to sleep the computer to get the display to turn on, but after that it runs great.

Successful

Brand=Sapphire
Model=HD 5850 1GB, PCI-E x16 2.0, DP, HDMI
Device ID=0x6899
Multibeast=3.4
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=Ice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back