Contribute
Register

10.6.7 Native ATi 5xxx/6xxx Cards which work (and don't)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mine is now a working model with 10.6.7 ATI kexts, notice prior to upgrade to sandy bridge i was not able to make it work.

Brand=sapphire
Model=5770 vapor-x
Device ID=0x68b8
Multibeast=No, used andy's guide
MacOS=10.6.7
Reported by=emaf

Updated guide

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=15798

Vanilla install - no need for GraphcisEnabler=Yes - so will work with any Chameleon boot file. Anyone who had been using Andy's boot method - this will work for you too.

DVD Player and Geekbench fixed !!!

Thanks for the writeup notshy. What's the advantage to going GY=No over how we have it setup now?

ASUS EAH6870 DC/2DI2S/1GD5, how does that seem? Guides? I want this too run without sleep or DVD errors, has anybody experienced that yet?

Are there actually any cards that do run without problems yet?

Is there any card I can actually just plug in and it will work without any problems?

Hi!

My card ( lspci reports it to be an "ATI Technologies Inc Barts PRO [ATI Radeon HD 6800 Series]" , it's a generic Sapphire 6850 card) worked out of the box with the "updated" Ati kexts from Multibeast.

Everything working smoothly, but couldn't get Steam games to work. So yesterday I tried the new method (adding info to DSDT.aml) and now they work. However, still no joy with Geekbench.

Cinebench OpenGL = 21.03 fps. Take into account this is with an "old" Gigabyte G33M-S2 motherboard and "outdate" Core2Quad.

Forgot to add I'm using Displayport to a HPZR24W(1920x1200).

Thanks for all your help.

grafixidea said:
the_gael said:
new updates added to list on first post - thanks everyone
the_gael, when you have a time could you update my entry in the first post update (the third one) to this:

Brand=GIGABYTE
Model=ATI HD5770 1Gb DDR5 - GV-R577UD-1GD (Batmobile)
Device ID=0x68b8
Multibeast=3.4 (Kabyl + GE=Y)
MacOS=10.6.7 (64 bit)
Reported by=grafixidea

It now looks like my card have problems, but actually it works just like the others. Thanks a lot and sorry for bothering you :D

Its updated now - sorry for delay - not had time to update the list - just going to do the other updates now :)

First post updated to reflect all reports so far - if I have missed anyone's report please point it out and I will add it.

Thanks for all reports so far :thumbup:

Probably: List Number=20

Brand=Sapphire
Model=HD 5850 XTREME 1GB DDR5 PCI-E HDMI/DVI/DP (also marketed as HD 5850 EXTREME)
Device ID=0x6899
Multibeast=3.4 (Checked ATI Drivers, DSDTed Board+Graphics, Graphics Enabler = No, Framebuffer: Uakari, see viewtopic.php?p=114012#p114012 for details)
MacOS=10.6.7 (64Bit and 32Bit)
Reported by=damdoe

Working/Tested=HDMI, DVD Player, Gamma Control, Starcraft 2 Demo @ Ultra Fullscreen, League of Legends Max Details 1920x1080 (Cider/Transgaming), QE/CI, System Sleep, Display Sleep, CINEBENCH without OC: viewtopic.php?p=114038#p114038

Issues=1. Every now and then after boot I got a black screen. I send my computer to sleep via the Power Button and wake it and its ok. Enable the Power Button Stand-By in System Preferences -> Energy. 2. Steam Source Engine Games (fix: viewtopic.php?p=114473#p114473 ). 3. Anomaly Warzone Demo Brightness/Bloom = unfixed.

Benchmark=
ishot1s.jpg

ishot4.jpg

geekbech64.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back