Contribute
Register

10.6.4 Evga GTS250 Not Recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you using a DVI to HDMI connector/cable to hook up to your TV? That's how I'm hooking up to my monitor. I've tried everything under the sun--EFI, Injectors, DSDT edits, etc.

As I'm looking into this and I look through the system profile information and such it almost looks to me like the monitor isn't being recognized at all; but I've got some of the card info in the profile (RAM, etc). My display profile simply says "Display", when it was automatically recognized under 10.6 as an ASUS VH242H.

Have you tried a DVI to DVI connection?

Edit: Also, I just realized I'm using a single link cable, instead of a double link. I don't think that would matter but I'm going to buy and try a double link out just to make sure.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... _Types.svg

I'm not sure about the cable type but my card isn't recognized at all. Just says nvidia with 32mb of memory instead of the 1gb it should. At this point it's on hold because pge gave us a nice power surge and blackout which seems to have fried something and computer is stuck at post screen and won't salons to anything.

tjsadler said:
At this point it's on hold because pge gave us a nice power surge and blackout which seems to have fried something and computer is stuck at post screen and won't salons to anything.

That sucks :(

I tried the DVI-D cable--no change.

Using "GraphicsEnabler=yes" I get the same thing--it shows 32MB of RAM and just says "GPU" for the type.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back