Graphics
EVGA SC 740
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I am using iBoot 3.3 and was able to press f5 and saw the MAC OS X DVD icon pop up. I hit enter and a few seconds later the Apple logo screen popped up and is now stuck on that. Am I using the right version of iBoot and/or do I need to enter any commands? If so, how?

Specs:
[h=4]Gigabyte GA-X79-UP4 ATX[/h][h=4]Core Xeon-E5-1650 v2[/h][h=4]Corsair H60[/h][h=1]EVGA GeForce GT 740 2GB Super Clocked GDDR5 128-Bit Dual DVI mHDMI Graphics Cards 02G-P4-3747-KR[/h][h=4]Crucial Ballistix Sport XT 32GB (8x4)[/h][h=4]Samsung 850 EVO 120GB[/h][h=4]Samsung 850 EVO 500GB[/h][h=4]Corsair AX 760 Watt[/h][h=4]Corsair Graphite 600T[/h]

I have tried used the following bootflag: -x -v PciRoot=1

and it ran a bunch of text for a couple minutes and then went to a black screen. Any suggestions?

I have tried used the following bootflag: -x -v PciRoot=1

and it ran a bunch of text for a couple minutes and then went to a black screen. Any suggestions?

Replace the unsupported GPU with a supported one.

Try -v GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000

Replace the unsupported GPU with a supported one.

Try -v GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 npci=0x2000

Why would my GPU not be supported? I followed the buyer's guide to the tee. Do I need to use a different version of iBoot like legacy or haswell?

Why would my GPU not be supported? I followed the buyer's guide to the tee. Do I need to use a different version of iBoot like legacy or haswell?

It is unsupported in Snow Leopard, which is what you are attempting to install. It gained support in Mavericks and has full support in Yosemite.

It is unsupported in Snow Leopard, which is what you are attempting to install. It gained support in Mavericks and has full support in Yosemite.

Is there a work around for it? What would I need to do to get an OS X running on my setup?

I tried using the boot flag you suggested and just got a black screen after a few seconds. Is there any way I could install Snow Leopard on my current setup and if not which graphics card can you suggest for under $300 that will be compatible?

I tried using the boot flag you suggested and just got a black screen after a few seconds. Is there any way I could install Snow Leopard on my current setup and if not which graphics card can you suggest for under $300 that will be compatible?

I currently run 10.7.5 on my MacBook pro. I was wondering if I can just install Mavericks without installing Snow Leopard first?

I currently run 10.7.5 on my MacBook pro. I was wondering if I can just install Mavericks without installing Snow Leopard first?

If you can go to the app store and download the Mavericks install app then yes, you can download the Mavericks install app, create a USB installer and install Mavericks without the hassle of Snow Leopard.

If you can go to the app store and download the Mavericks install app then yes, you can download the Mavericks install app, create a USB installer and install Mavericks without the hassle of Snow Leopard.
When I search for Mavericks in the Apple Store I can't find it only Yosemite. Can you send me a direct link to download the installer? Also, once I get Mavericks or Yosemite which third party software do I need install the OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back