Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z590 Vision D ATX
CPU
i9-11900K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Hi,

so i just went the way and updated to Catalina. Update went smooth, and strangely, everything was fine. Followed some guides but basically updated from the AppStore with EC0 fix.
Rebooted and after reboot I’m looking at the following which I cant seem to fix.

- Ethernet not working. Its there, but saying cable not connected
- WiFi not working. Its there, and it shows the WiFis, however connecting to a network fails
- As soon as I turn on the WiFi, the whole UI gets glitchy as hell. Cursor jumps....laggy...

kexts are injected (Mausi, Lilu, FakeSMC) with hackintoll and are located in /L/E/

Any ideas where to start?

Best
Max

Oh well I continued tracing down the error. Rebuld clover and efi, reinstalled all kexts starting with only the basic ones and adding more step by step. Nothing helped.
I had to fixes in my patched folder, namely "SSDT-EC.aml" and "SSDT-EC-USBX.aml". I removed the latter. It works better: Mouse and UI is not glitchy anymore, and more important, WiFi works!
However, my ethernet is still not working, as I said I do see the adapter but it wont connect, see screen attached (sorry for german, it says pretty much no cable or no device found) As soon as I boot my 10.14 backup, everything is fine.
I feel the issue might be in the SSDT-EC patch, since this is the only major change to my 10.14. However, without it, my system wont boot (gets stuck fairly early).

Any ideas to get the Ethernet to work?

Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-27 um 12.03.16.png

Use the "-" button to delete the Ethernet connection and then use "+" to it back. If it's not listed as available to add, then you don't have a kext loaded for your Ethernet.

If it doesn't work, then replace your existing ethernet kext with the latest version of IntelMausiEthernet kext or AppleIntelE1000e kext.

IntelMausiEthernet kext: https://github.com/Mieze/IntelMausiEthernet/
AppleIntelE1000e kext: https://sourceforge.net/projects/osx86drivers/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back