Classic Mac
  1. eMac
  2. iBook
  3. iMac
  4. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I’ve followed the guides here to update my machine to 10.15.7. Updated Clover, the works.

However to make the machine more user friendly for my housemates I’ve configured clover to hide most boot volumes. Unfortunately that caused issues installing the update since the machine needs to reboot to fully install and automatically picks the right volume.

In this case I think it didn’t and I am now getting the attached screen.

I have tried all available boot options including the pre boot variations but all end here with a similar message.

What do I do to fix this?

Attachments

• F52DC44B-8A31-42A2-9587-1376B2B385E7.jpeg
    F52DC44B-8A31-42A2-9587-1376B2B385E7.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 62
Hi all,

I’ve followed the guides here to update my machine to 10.15.7. Updated Clover, the works.

However to make the machine more user friendly for my housemates I’ve configured clover to hide most boot volumes. Unfortunately that caused issues installing the update since the machine needs to reboot to fully install and automatically picks the right volume.

In this case I think it didn’t and I am now getting the attached screen.

I have tried all available boot options including the pre boot variations but all end here with a similar message.

What do I do to fix this?
zipping and uploading your EFI may help

I’ve tried using my Unibeast stick to boot. Same errors so I’m pretty sure it’s not EFI related.

I also don’t know how to actually zip and upload the partition now. It’s my only machine in the house so I can’t pop in the drive to another and copy things.

I’ve tried using my Unibeast stick to boot. Same errors so I’m pretty sure it’s not EFI related.

I also don’t know how to actually zip and upload the partition now. It’s my only machine in the house so I can’t pop in the drive to another and copy things.
when you updated clover, did you add in all the new sections in your config.plist required for later versions of clover to run properly?

when you updated clover, did you add in all the new sections in your config.plist required for later versions of clover to run properly?
Good point. I’m not aware of sections I had to add. I’ve updated through Clover Configurator. As I’ve done many times before.

Can you point me to where I can find the new required sections?

It doesn’t explain why the unibeast installer won’t allow booting though. Could that version of clover be too old to boot 10.15.7? That trusty usb stick never failed to fix my issues before haha.

Good point. I’m not aware of sections I had to add. I’ve updated through Clover Configurator. As I’ve done many times before.

Can you point me to where I can find the new required sections?

It doesn’t explain why the unibeast installer won’t allow booting though. Could that version of clover be too old to boot 10.15.7? That trusty usb stick never failed to fix my issues before haha.
i gave up on clover and moved on to OpenCore

you may want to give that a go

I've included my EFI partition. Moving to Opencore is an idea but I rather try and fix this clover installation to a working state before doing that.

Hopefully someone can help me figure out what's wrong here.
your config.plist is missing all the new properties required to run macOS

suggest to use a previous version of clover, or learn opencore

your config.plist is missing all the new properties required to run macOS

suggest to use a previous version of clover, or learn opencore
Thank you for checking. What version clover would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back