Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> 10.15.5 Clover does not detect the installation volume.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 5
CPU
i7-6700
Graphics
RX 5700 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Unable to update to 10.15.5. At first reboot: No installation boot volume is detected by CloverBootloader.
There is no "macOS install Prebooter from Preboot" or "macOS install from macHardDriveName" when the system reboots to start the update. Only my usual volumes.

If you have an idea or a thread that can help me...

Before installation I upgraded CloverBootloader to r5118. The kexts were removed from /L/E and placed in EFI//kexts/Others. I used CloverConfigurator to update the kexts. The /L/E permissions cache has been rebuilt with Hackintool.
Attempt to update via the System Preferences Panel from 10.15.4 - 19E287. iMacPro1.1 definition. Virtual SMC.

Edit: One solution finally worked, it can be found here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-the-installation-volume.298842/post-2135219

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.2 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Try using F3 (show hidden partitions) in clover after the first installation reboot.

Can you see it?

Before installation I upgraded CloverBootloader to r5118
Which version of clover did you update from? If updating from Clover r4xxx then the driver folder structure changed and you will need to put your drivers in the Drivers/UEFI folder. This may be because aspfsdriverloader.efi is not being loaded hence no apfs partitons can be read.

If updating from Clover r4xxx then the driver folder structure changed

Clover update should have, if not moved the drivers to the new location, at least, warned users who updated from r4xxx, in the first place. I've seen lot people having that issue here.

Try using F3 (show hidden partitions) in clover after the first installation reboot.

Can you see it?

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately it only brings up an extra volume of the disk on which I have Windows. So the F3 shortcut works, but there is no extra hidden macOS volume. I had thought of something similar by removing all lines in the "hidden volumes" list in my config.plist via CloverConfigurator. In the list there was nothing about installation volumes so purging the list didn't change anything at startup either.

Which version of clover did you update from?

Yes, it's a good idea to have thought of that! Unfortunately I updated CloverBootloader from r5112 to r5118. I had already done the manipulation to move the content from CLOVER/driver64uefi/ to CLOVER/drivers/UEFI/ it worked very well and my system has been stable for 2 months so under r5112. It is still stable at the moment also under r5118... but no installation volumes for 10.15.5.

I'm considering this option:
- Go back to my CCC backup and try to upgrade to 10.15.5 with my previous r5112 setup but with the kexts in the EFI instead of /L/E.

Is there another way to start the download and update other than from the System Preferences Panel?
Is there a place in my directory to check that the volumes and files that the preference panel has downloaded for the update are there and are "compliant"?

Try that config.plist (I did some changes)

Attachments

• config.plist
    8.4 KB · Views: 125
Did you have a bootable system with that EFI folder, the ACPI section is very 'busy'? I'm not particularly au fait with your hardware, but I think most of the entries are unnecessary. Any particular reason you chose MacPro SMBIOS rather than maybe iMac17,1 which is closer to your hardware? I'm a bit fussy and like to keep my build edits as minimal and vanilla as possible.
Can you boot from your usb installer?
Can you boot in safe mode?
Try booting with this config.plist.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.3 KB · Views: 105
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back