Contribute
Register

10.15.4 USB Ports Keeps Shutting Off?? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Designare (F9H BIOS)
CPU
i7-9700k
Graphics
RX 5700
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I've been building hackintosh systems since 2013 and Catalina has me stumped. I'm putting one together for a guy I need ready by end of the week. The hardware mirrors mine from my signature and is as follows:

Gigabyte Z390 Designare, F9H BIOS version, 32 gigs RAM, i7-9700k, Gigabyte RX 5700 Graphics.

I followed CaseySJ's "Mini-Guide for Fresh Installation of Catalina 10.15.4 and Newer" to a T and so far everything has been working fine during testing, but after a little while the USB ports just up and shut off for no reason, which results in a restart to get them working. "CFG Lock" was disabled before install.

The guide is linked here, 5th post down: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...700k-amd-rx-580.267551/page-1729#post-2092710

Would really appreciate your help!

So I think I just figured out my own problem. Ended up removing the USB limit patches from config after making sure the other necessary USB kext's were in place, and doesn't seem to be locking up any more.

EDIT: Nope, that didn't fix the issue. Frozen as of now after not touching it for an hour to see if it would do anything...

Would @CaseySJ know what's going on?

Last edited:
I'm having the same issue - on Mojave 10.14.6. Not having much joy with anything I've tried. Thinking of returning the Designare and trying another board to see if that's a possible issue. Any suggestions very welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back