Contribute
Register

10.15.4 Update - dropped USB ports?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sadly, can't read the drive with the adapter I have, so had to order another adapter. Hack down for the week I guess. Nuts. Oh well!

Q: What in Clover governs enabling USB/PCI? Is that a driver (or drivers) or something internal to Clover? Or run-time boot options?

If the former, which driver(s)?

Here is a shot of the drivers currently installed by Clover - the top 5 were updated yesterday with Clover 5109.

Is there anything here that would cause the Bluetooth/USB drop?

Attachments

• 918FDA6A-E8BC-49E5-BA38-7940C1F674D4.jpeg
    918FDA6A-E8BC-49E5-BA38-7940C1F674D4.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 65
Here is a shot of the drivers currently installed by Clover - the top 5 were updated yesterday with Clover 5109.

Is there anything here that would cause the Bluetooth/USB drop?
wouldn't have thought so

I looked at the Clover change logs. v5107 had a mouse bug which 5108 fixed, then 5109 introduced a new theme system.

Is it possible that 5107-5109 are the same otherwise, or were there other under-the-hood changes made? Anyone know?

FIXED!!!

Clover r5109 seems to have a bug that causes my system to drop both USB and the Fenvi card (or at least Bluetooth).

The fix was to replace both the CLOVERX64.efi and BOOTX64.efi (in their relevant locations) with r5108 versions.

System booted normally after that.

Whew!

FIXED!!!

Clover r5109 seems to have a bug that causes my system to drop both USB and the Fenvi card (or at least Bluetooth).

The fix was to replace both the CLOVERX64.efi and BOOTX64.efi (in their relevant locations) with r5108 versions.

System booted normally after that.

Whew!
wow!

well done and for persevering!

now would be a good time to setup a working usb installer :)

also you may want to look over OpenCore as I think that is the way going forward

Is OpenCore a bit more than a wizardy beta now?

Not sure if I have the technical understanding yet that is necessary to implement it.

Is OpenCore a bit more than a wizardy beta now?

Not sure if I have the technical understanding yet that is necessary to implement it.
it does require some reading, you can practice on a spare usb stick so as not to break your current setup

I will have to find the time for it then. :)

But first, "rescue USB" time... ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back