RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
With AMD cards like RX570 whatevergreen.kext in the new version 1.3.4 is absolutely mandatory, otherwise the screen remains black after boot.

Should be added in the start posting.

With AMD cards like RX570 whatevergreen.kext in the new version 1.3.4 ist absolutely mandatory, otherwise the screen remains black after boot.

Should be added in the start posting.

I have that card. Watevergreen installer in Clover Kext folder. Added agdpmod=pikera into Cover Configurator Boot Arguments. Still will not show screen on boot unless I uncheck default when booting and check ATI. Any ideas?

I have that card. Watevergreen installer in Clover Kext folder. Added agdpmod=pikera into Cover Configurator Boot Arguments. Still will not show screen on boot unless I uncheck default when booting and check ATI. Any ideas?
Do you also have kexts installed in your /Library/Extensions folder also? If so, there might be a version mismatch.

Do you also have kexts installed in your /Library/Extensions folder also? If so, there might be a version mismatch.
You guessed it. Thanks so much. I removed the Apple ALC, Lili and Whatevergreen from the extension folder and it booted like a "Mac". BTW - what happened to the User Extension folder ~/library/extensions ? Is it no longer part of the OS? I can't find it.

You guessed it. Thanks so much. I removed the Apple ALC, Lili and Whatevergreen from the extension folder and it booted like a "Mac". BTW - what happened to the User Extension folder ~/library/extensions ? Is it no longer part of the OS? I can't find it.
So where should the kexts be installed? In /Library/Extensions or in the Clover kexts folder?
Thanks!
Len

I install all kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/other
This works absolutely stable and keeps the system clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back