Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Auros Master
CPU
I9 9900K
Graphics
RTX 2070 | UHD 630
Hey!
Trying to install 10.14.6 on my computer. Got the USB stick made and it boots to clover, but freezes when booting to the installer
I enabled verbose mode to see whats up. Its stuck where it shows on the attached image.

My Pc is
I9 9900K (Gonna be using the iGPU on this)
Asus RTX 2070 (Not using this for the OSX install, aiming to use the iGPU)

Ive searched about and seen that people have struggled a bit with the Intel UHD 630 iGPU, but have made it work with a bit of tinkering in the config.plist. Ive tried different fixes as suggested by people, but they all result in a black screen with a stop sign on it that eventually reboots instead.
Being the newbie that I am to this Im not sure editing the config.plist is something I should be doing pre-install?

I feel like if the issue was my RTX 2070 being plugged in the errors would be different or it wouldnt have booted at all, but should I remove it from the socket during install?

Attachments

• IMG_20190921_221347.jpg
    IMG_20190921_221347.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hey!
Trying to install 10.14.6 on my computer. Got the USB stick made and it boots to clover, but freezes when booting to the installer
I enabled verbose mode to see whats up. Its stuck where it shows on the attached image.

My Pc is
I9 9900K (Gonna be using the iGPU on this)
Asus RTX 2070 (Not using this for the OSX install, aiming to use the iGPU)

Ive searched about and seen that people have struggled a bit with the Intel UHD 630 iGPU, but have made it work with a bit of tinkering in the config.plist. Ive tried different fixes as suggested by people, but they all result in a black screen with a stop sign on it that eventually reboots instead.
Being the newbie that I am to this Im not sure editing the config.plist is something I should be doing pre-install?

I feel like if the issue was my RTX 2070 being plugged in the errors would be different or it wouldnt have booted at all, but should I remove it from the socket during install?
See edited verbose image with annotations about apfs 1393 Error

Attachments

• apfs1393Error.png
    apfs1393Error.png
    182.3 KB · Views: 90
That fixed it. Thank you. Stumbling over next problem now. Installer starts and gets to about 4/5 before it gives black screen and restart.
I then have macOS install from my internal drive as a option in clover which boots into the installer just fine, but it just restarts the process and reboots after a few minutes. Is there a log from the installation somewhere to read?

That fixed it. Thank you. Stumbling over next problem now. Installer starts and gets to about 4/5 before it gives black screen and restart.
I then have macOS install from my internal drive as a option in clover which boots into the installer just fine, but it just restarts the process and reboots after a few minutes. Is there a log from the installation somewhere to read?
  • In asking for help , your best bet is to upload screen photo(s) to supplement your verbal explanation of what is Displayed on your Computer Monitor which we cannot see like you can.
  • From my view point, verbose boot with -v boot flag and upload of a problem screen to speak for the user is far better than any verbal gymnastics on forum post however proficient one is in the use of English language.
  • Apple logo and Progress bar is NOT designed for initial installation of Hackintosh; Gui boot logo may cover up valuable text based information about a boot failure useful for troubleshoot. You should know it from your own previous Verbose boot screen upload that got you a speedy tip.
    • config.plist_Boot_Args:_ -v can be removed from the CLOVER of a successfully booting System HDD/SSD
    • but keep verbose boot in a macOS USB Installer's EFI/CLOVER/config.plist until successful HDD installation
  • For Some tips about Mojave installation, common problems , and how to seek help, check->https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ave-installation-and-posting-for-help.276352/

Okay thank you! Going to attach a few screencaps here now
Image 1: First installer boot from USB. Blue line goes to about 4/5th before rebooting. Didnt cap the message, but no errors thrown, just a reboot

Image 2_apfs/osxe: Tried both APFS and OSX Extended Journaled for filesystem, both look the same, APFS doesnt fill the line at all, OSXE does, but only as much as shown in the image. it then restarts and shows whats shown in the last image

Image 3: This is the message I get with verbose turned on when the installer reboots, this is also where its stuck. Same message on both APFS and OSX Extended Journaled File systems.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    5.8 MB · Views: 51
  • 2_apfs.jpg
    2_apfs.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
  • 2_osxe.jpg
    2_osxe.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 60
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 53
Okay thank you! Going to attach a few screencaps here now
Image 1: First installer boot from USB. Blue line goes to about 4/5th before rebooting. Didnt cap the message, but no errors thrown, just a reboot

Image 2_apfs/osxe: Tried both APFS and OSX Extended Journaled for filesystem, both look the same, APFS doesnt fill the line at all, OSXE does, but only as much as shown in the image. it then restarts and shows whats shown in the last image

Image 3: This is the message I get with verbose turned on when the installer reboots, this is also where its stuck. Same message on both APFS and OSX Extended Journaled File systems.
  • The current images uploaded from macOSUtilities_Install macOS screen freezing at 15 minutes remaining on macOSMojavee icon screen is most likely related to a problem in the EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (in the older Clover EFI FileStructure) or EFI/CLOVER/drivers/UEFI (in the currently released Clover EFI Boot loader)
  • Please upload the CLOVER from your macOSMojave USB Installer's Hidden EFI folder .
    • You may use the bulleted steps from-> #4

I will as soon as I get back to it. I realized as I read through that post you linked to that I am in fact installing this on a Samsung Evo 970 Plus SSD, but did a check and it is running the latest firmware which as far as I could see fixes the issues it has with Mojave?

Either way I think what Im gonna do is start scratch when work calms down so I have time to fiddle with it. Follow your guide step by step and see where that gets me.

Will post back in this thread when I get back to it for sure!

Okay so:
I updated my starting point. Remade the USB stick and redid everything from scratch. Installed first try and its now up and running. I just need to find a wifi card that I can use as I cant cable it and the AC 9560 thats build in to the mobo doesnt work with it. But this thread can be seen as solved!

Okay so:
I updated my starting point. Remade the USB stick and redid everything from scratch. Installed first try and its now up and running. I just need to find a wifi card that I can use as I cant cable it and the AC 9560 thats build in to the mobo doesnt work with it. But this thread can be seen as solved!

Thank you for updating the thread as solved.

You may try : https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07T9JD93Y/?tag=tonymacx86com-20
This works OOB for macOS Mojave and Catalina as well as Windows 10 and Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back