Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. LC
  4. Power Mac
  5. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have a perfectly functioning 10.14.4 system, but when I attempt to upgrade to 10.14.5 and boot into the "Install MacOS" partition, it gets stuck at RandomSeed ++++++. Happens using the preference panel upgrade or downloading the installer. I've updated to the latest Clover, Lilu, WhateverGreen etc. Am I missing something?

@kiwi-in-dc , I had this problem on an older laptop when I installed Mojave. Not sure of your situation, but the solution for me was to remove the battery and press/hold the power button for 30 seconds, reinsert the battery and boot. Sometimes I needed to repeat this before it would boot. This was a common problem as I was tweaking my CLOVER config.plist and DSDT patches. I never isolated the problem to any one type of config change, but after I settled on a stable configuration, I didn't have this problem any more.

EDIT: Since this is a desktop forum, you would simply unplug your system or switch off the power supply before pressing and holding the power button.

Last edited:
If you are an X99 user, a kernel patch is required. Please refer to this.

If you are an X99 user, a kernel patch is required. Please refer to this.
Just getting back to this after dealing with a family medical issue - Many, many thanks, it worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back