i7 6800k
Graphics
RX580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First time posting here, so hopefully I’m following all the correct guidelines.

I’m struggling to update to 10.14.5 from 10.14.4. I’m getting stuck on End Randomseed +++++++

I know this is a memory allocation error and had this same problem when trying to clean install 10.14.4. I have researched this issue fairly extensively and have tried most of the solutions.

Using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is the only way I can boot successfully, and I am currently on a very stable 10.14.4

So to be clear:
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
All cause the boot error above.

Not sure why I can boot successfully into 10.14.4, but when try to update using App Store update I’m getting stuck again.

I updated Clover before updating.

What I have noticed is that in the Memory section of About This Mac I’m getting this: ‘Your Mac contains 7 memory slots, each of which accepts
a 2133 MHz DDR4 memory module.’
Which is obviously incorrect, and leads me to believe that there is still a memory allocation issue.

I have edited my SMBIOS to map the 4 x 8GB DIMMS I have installed.

I am using Mac Pro 6,1 as my machine template in SMBIOS.

I’ve attached my EFI Folder, if anyone can see a glaring error I’ve made I would be so appreciative. Many thanks.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    25.3 MB · Views: 110
Having the same problem. Hope someone comes up with a solution soon.

First time posting here, so hopefully I’m following all the correct guidelines.

I’m struggling to update to 10.14.5 from 10.14.4. I’m getting stuck on End Randomseed +++++++

I know this is a memory allocation error and had this same problem when trying to clean install 10.14.4. I have researched this issue fairly extensively and have tried most of the solutions.

Using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi is the only way I can boot successfully, and I am currently on a very stable 10.14.4

So to be clear:
OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi
OsxAptioFix3Drv-64.efi
AptioMemoryFix-64.efi
All cause the boot error above.

Not sure why I can boot successfully into 10.14.4, but when try to update using App Store update I’m getting stuck again.

I updated Clover before updating.

What I have noticed is that in the Memory section of About This Mac I’m getting this: ‘Your Mac contains 7 memory slots, each of which accepts
a 2133 MHz DDR4 memory module.’
Which is obviously incorrect, and leads me to believe that there is still a memory allocation issue.

I have edited my SMBIOS to map the 4 x 8GB DIMMS I have installed.

I am using Mac Pro 6,1 as my machine template in SMBIOS.

I’ve attached my EFI Folder, if anyone can see a glaring error I’ve made I would be so appreciative. Many thanks.
  • The uploaded CLOVER_ config.plist_SMBIOS_Memory config: shows you have installed G.Skill RAM :F4-2500C15
    • Asus Recommended RAM: G.Skill:F4-3200C16Q
  • Could this be the issue? See edited image

Attachments

• 1.config.plist_SMBIOS_Memory.png
    1.config.plist_SMBIOS_Memory.png
    501.2 KB · Views: 138
  • The uploaded CLOVER_ config.plist_SMBIOS_Memory config: shows you have installed G.Skill RAM :F4-2500C15
    • Asus Recommended RAM: G.Skill:F4-3200C16Q
  • Could this be the issue? See edited image
Have I had the wrong RAM in this machine all along? How did you find this information? Would definitely swap it out if there’s a good chance that’s the issue. I have run this machine as a PC too and was always a bit disappointed with performance. I have a PC laptop reasonably similar in specs which seems to outperform it quite often. Thanks for your input.

Have I had the wrong RAM in this machine all along? How did you find this information? Would definitely swap it out if there’s a good chance that’s the issue. I have run this machine as a PC too and was always a bit disappointed with performance. I have a PC laptop reasonably similar in specs which seems to outperform it quite often. Thanks for your input.

• Check the following links
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/X99-E/HelpDesk_QVL/

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/...9.1581949056.1558653010-1321783044.1558653010

• And check the Composite image from both uploaded to this thread
    1.Asus Recommended RAM> Gskill .png
    :

I had to think long and hard about this one, but I think I remember why I chose the RAM I did. I believe the Motherboard and CPU configuration (and I am absolutely no expert) results in a max memory bus speed of 2133MHz - which is what I get under About This Mac. If you scroll down through that document, the memory I have is supported. I guess I thought I'd go for the lowest speed possible above the maximum speed supported as it wouldn't make any difference to go higher than that??

I had to think long and hard about this one, but I think I remember why I chose the RAM I did. I believe the Motherboard and CPU configuration (and I am absolutely no expert) results in a max memory bus speed of 2133MHz - which is what I get under About This Mac. If you scroll down through that document, the memory I have is supported. I guess I thought I'd go for the lowest speed possible above the maximum speed supported as it wouldn't make any difference to go higher than that??
When in doubt Query the RAM Manufacturer's RAM configurator to Match Your Board with RAM ->https://www.gskill.com/en/configurator?manu=29&chip=2276&model=2324

Had exact the same problem on my rig. In my case, adding below kernel patch could solve the issue.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>_xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs © PMHeart 10.14.5</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.14.5</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>MdLotPz//w==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>MdKQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

Reactions: dez
Thanks so much for posting that! It worked perfectly! Been stuck on this for 3 weeks.

Had exact the same problem on my rig. In my case, adding below kernel patch could solve the issue.

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>_xcpm_pkg_scope_msrs © PMHeart 10.14.5</string>
<key>Disabled</key>
<false/>
<key>MatchOS</key>
<string>10.14.5</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>MdLotPz//w==</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>MdKQkJCQkA==</data>
</dict>

Finally, this is the solution that I've been waiting for. Been trying to upgrade to 10.14.5 for weeks now with it freezing at End Radomseed. This fixed it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back