Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> 10.14.4 System has posted in safe mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this AppleRTC patch work with opencore? My Asus z390 maximus xi extreme will boot and restart to safe mode.

Will this AppleRTC patch work with opencore? My Asus z390 maximus xi extreme will boot and restart to safe mode.

Did you resolve this issue with opencore? I get the same issue with my Asus Z390-F Gaming and then I get stuck using the bootloader menu every time I start up Big Sur. It would be nice to directly boot to Big Sur.

Thanks ModMike, I will look into that later.

Right now, I was advised to disable the F1 warnings in BIOS. So it doesn't bother me now.

But, I have a new issue now, of I can't get into the BIOS anymore with the Delete key or the F2 key as normal.

I'm trying to avoid a clear CMOS, as the standard BIOS settings weren't enough before, and I didn't them down.

Anyway, if you have any clues of getting back into my BIOS again, I'd be very grateful. Google never gives me what I want, it only gives me what I ask it. lol. I need to learn the terminology better.

Thanks ModMike, I will look into that later.

Right now, I was advised to disable the F1 warnings in BIOS. So it doesn't bother me now.

But, I have a new issue now, of I can't get into the BIOS anymore with the Delete key or the F2 key as normal.

I'm trying to avoid a clear CMOS, as the standard BIOS settings weren't enough before, and I didn't them down.

Anyway, if you have any clues of getting back into my BIOS again, I'd be very grateful. Google never gives me what I want, it only gives me what I ask it. lol. I need to learn the terminology better.

Clearing the BIOS is probably your only hope here. It's not a big deal and helps remove any possible corruption. I've done it many times. Depending on the BIOS you have, you can backup a user profile or even export your settings.

Clearing the BIOS is probably your only hope here. It's not a big deal and helps remove any possible corruption. I've done it many times. Depending on the BIOS you have, you can backup a user profile or even export your settings.
I cleared the BIOS, but I used a chrome tipped pen, and only held it on for a couple of seconds. I rebooted and it let me in the BIO and kept all of my settings. I disabled the F1 setting and all is fine.

Maybe there was just a glitch in the BIOS and that was causing all of the issues as now it doesn't give me that message anymore.

The main reason for this was because I read I could install my system as iMacPro1,1 if I disable my Intel iGPU and run everything off my Vega 64. Hoping it will clear up some of my gaming issues? If not, I may just continue on fine tuning my config.plist and getting all of the right kexts to get all features working in macOS.

I may even give your EFI a shot now, as our boards are almost identical.

I cleared the BIOS, but I used a chrome tipped pen, and only held it on for a couple of seconds. I rebooted and it let me in the BIO and kept all of my settings. I disabled the F1 setting and all is fine.

Maybe there was just a glitch in the BIOS and that was causing all of the issues as now it doesn't give me that message anymore.

The main reason for this was because I read I could install my system as iMacPro1,1 if I disable my Intel iGPU and run everything off my Vega 64. Hoping it will clear up some of my gaming issues? If not, I may just continue on fine tuning my config.plist and getting all of the right kexts to get all features working in macOS.

I may even give your EFI a shot now, as our boards are almost identical.
I have what seems like the identical setup so go ahead and use my EFI. use 19,1 for machine. You should be running headless mode, is your IGPU out connected to a monitor?

I have what seems like the identical setup so go ahead and use my EFI. use 19,1 for machine. You should be running headless mode, is your IGPU out connected to a monitor?

Yes, mine is already set to 19.1 and headless. I used the dGPU settings for iGPU setup.

But I have some spare SSDs lying around and I'm also experimenting with iMacPro1,1, headless and it says to disable iGPU in BIOS. so I may give that a try as well. now, I need to find time. I am so busy right now, I will have a hard time making time until after x-mass.

Thanks for your help.

Yes it does. Check out my guide and download the EFI
Mike, where can Find your guide and EFI

Asus Z390-E
I9 9900K
64 GB RipJaw RAM
Opencore 6.3
Big Sur

Same for me.. has anyone got the solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back