Contribute
Register

10.14.4 No Wifi

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far I've tried the following.

1) Change the card to a different slot. (no wifi)
2) Add Lilu and AirportBrcmFixup to kexts/other (no wifi)
3) Revert to 10.14.3 (works)
4) Install 10.14.4 as clean install rather than upgrade (no wifi)

Is there anything else I can try, or should I purchase a different card?

I'm very confused because this T6E card has worked OOTB until the 10.14.4 update, and it still works in Windows and 10.14.3.

I don't have ethernet access in the room, so I'm unable to use macOS right now.

Last edited:
When I upgraded from 10.14.3 to 10.14.4 I lost my wifi. It says "WiFi No Hardware Installed." I just did the standard software update via System Preferences. I have an approved PCIe card from the Buyer's Guide and it's worked perfectly for a couple of years until this week. I saw a posting about shutting down and unplugging the computer. I didn't give it much credence but tried it anyway. No luck.

Any advice would be most appreciated.

Have you found a solution yet? I'm completely stuck on this one. After a year of a problem-free experience, one update takes away my wifi. :(

Same issue here with TP-Link T6E.

This card is not a good one, mine was reaching low connection speed after a week of purchase. I tested on my wife's windows pc but happens the same. I'm on cable for now and I was only using it for location purposes so, no big loss here. Still, I think I might get a T9E and I'm afraid I might find the same problem so I'm interested to know what is causing it.

Anyone found a solution for T6E? I ordered it specifically because it was listed in the buying guide

Anyone found a solution for T6E? I ordered it specifically because it was listed in the buying guide
When did you order it ? The current Buyer's Guide doesn't list that. Here's the 3 wifi only cards there:

Screen Shot.jpg

The T9E is the only one listed in specific builds like the CustoMac Pro build. The price of the T9E has gotten very high recently so it's much better to go with the Fenvi FV-HB1200 instead. Sells for under 50 USD. Find it on Amazon.com.

Last edited:
I ordered it about a month ago, anyway it was cheap, I would buy another one, but the Fenvi FV-HB1200 doesn't seem to be in stock and the T9E seems to be expensive. Are there other options?

Something weird just happend: I transfered apps and documents from another build using the migration assistant and now wifi seems to work with the TP-Link T6E. But... Audio is now broken! This is really strange

Last edited:
I am not ordering the Fenvi's cause they don't work on Linux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back