Contribute
Register

10.13.6 USB3 X99-UD4

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jasperlevi So I did try to implement xcpm with the patches you gave me. I did some benchmarks. Stranglety, my setup seems running better without patches and with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

As you can see, with xcpm, my CPU don't go to 4Ghz, so the results are much lower.
I did some After Effects test as well, since it's my main software.
I found it strange too that my setup works better with macOs than Windows 10. Anyway I never use Windows, it was just to check it out, but what a surprise.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 10.37.00.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-21 at 10.37.00.png
    798.3 KB · Views: 56
One more thing.
One last problem I have is that my second monitor background screen reset after every reboot. As well the windows position. I was wondering, how to you deal with NVRAM? Clover RC patches? EmuVariableUefi-64.efi? I did try many things but no luck yet.
Thanks!

@jasperlevi So I did try to implement xcpm with the patches you gave me. I did some benchmarks. Stranglety, my setup seems running better without patches and with NullCPUPowerManagement.kext.

As you can see, with xcpm, my CPU don't go to 4Ghz, so the results are much lower.
I did some After Effects test as well, since it's my main software.
I found it strange too that my setup works better with macOs than Windows 10. Anyway I never use Windows, it was just to check it out, but what a surprise.

Yeah, there does appear to be a lowering of scores with xcpm for you. I wonder why...

I am not on 101.4.x myself, so I can't help you from my experience here. Maybe some of the more experienced members on this forum can help.

As for macOS working better than Windoze, I have found that to always be the case, and the whole reason why I got into hackintosh at all...

One more thing.
One last problem I have is that my second monitor background screen reset after every reboot. As well the windows position. I was wondering, how to you deal with NVRAM? Clover RC patches? EmuVariableUefi-64.efi? I did try many things but no luck yet.
Thanks!

TBH, I don't use a dual-monintor setup, so I can't give you first-hand advice in this area. I install the Clover Preference Pane with Clover (which also helps with clover updates) and keep settings to save NVRAM contents to disk (see screenshot). I also disable CSM support in my BIOS. This helps me with any video-settings-related issues during or after boot. I am also adding a screenshot of the drivers I keep in my EFI/Clover/drivers64UEFI folder. Maybe you can experiemtn with these and see if it helps you.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2019-06-21 20.29.10.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-21 20.29.10.png
    64.6 KB · Views: 74
  • Screenshot 2019-06-21 20.32.13.png
    Screenshot 2019-06-21 20.32.13.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 64
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back