Contribute
Register

10.13.4 - Only Some USB Ports Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @ALL,

I have more or less similar problems.
Without using an own SSDT but using the USBInjectAll.kext and Portlimit patch I can see all Intel USB and als the ASMedia 2142 ports.
But they are working just with USB2 speed and USB3 devices are only working on native USB2 ports or behind an USB2 HUB.
An USB3 device will not work on an USB3 port, not in USB3 and not in USB2 mode.

With creating an own SSDT I can fix that kind of problem.
But then I cannot see the ASMedia ports.

Yes, I removed my previous SSDT and put the Port Limit Removal patch back. This allows ports that weren't working to now work as USB 2.0 only.

(I discovered the USB 3.1 Red port is now on RP19 in IORegEx. but I'm not seeing any USB 3.0 devices on any other ports.) What is more the USB stick came out of the RP19 port *very* hot. Not promising.

As I write this I'm working through everything I can find but so much makes no difference at all ...

:crazy:

Here is my config.plist and ssdt.dsl file of Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 if it can help you. I have enable for you the port limit patch.

Also to see the SS ports you have to install in Library/Extension,FakePCIID,FakePCIID_XHCIMux,XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Attachments

• config.plist
    9 KB · Views: 109
  • SSDT-USB.dsl
    3.2 KB · Views: 118
@JimmakoS/wstrohm:

In your dsl file are only the ID "8086_a2af".
That should be the ID for the Intel USB ports.

But how you bring the Asmedia Chip to work?

I didn't have any problem to see Asmedia Chip. Just follow exactly Rehabman's guide to create a custom ssdt.

Sorry that i can't help you furthermore.

Here is my config.plist and ssdt.dsl file of Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 if it can help you. I have enable for you the port limit patch.

Also to see the SS ports you have to install in Library/Extension,FakePCIID,FakePCIID_XHCIMux,XHCI-200-series-injector.kext

Thank you for posting those :thumbup:

Yes, the SSDT looks very like the one I've been working on, so that's good.

The config also shows the patches in place, which helps.

I have tried using the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and XHCI-200 / XHCI-300 but none of them makes the SS ports show up.o_O

The curious thing is the Asmedia chip is only used for the USB-C and USB-Red ports as far as I can tell. The Intel Chipset still controls the other USB 3.0/1 ports so surely it should appear in the IOReg ?!

I'll keep working on it...

:)

Thank you for posting those :thumbup:

Yes, the SSDT looks very like the one I've been working on, so that's good.

The config also shows the patches in place, which helps.

I have tried using the FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and XHCI-200 / XHCI-300 but none of them makes the SS ports show up.o_O

The curious thing is the Asmedia chip is only used for the USB-C and USB-Red ports as far as I can tell. The Intel Chipset still controls the other USB 3.0/1 ports so surely it should appear in the IOReg ?!

I'll keep working on it...

Here is a screenshot of what i see if i remove ssdt and enable the port patch limit in clover for the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7. Screen Shot 2018-07-27 at 07.37.24.png

Here is a screenshot of what i see if i remove ssdt and enable the port patch limit in clover for the Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7. View attachment 343265

Thank you @JimmakoS

Yes, my IOReg list looked exactly the same as yours, so I knew solving this problem was possible!

You set me on the right path :thumbup: Excellent!

I created my own SSDT.dsl to match the physical ports on the motherboard and backplate and then tried your SS0* settings. In your definition the SS ports are offset by "6" . So instead of 11,0,0,0 yours had 17,0,0,0 etc. I tried this but although the ports were visible now, they didn't work.

Next I went back to 11,0,0,0 and ensured I set the top port number correctly.

Voila! Everything working as it should. :thumbup: So thank you again for your help.

When I finally publish my build description here I will include the SSDT source.

Thank you @JimmakoS

Yes, my IOReg list looked exactly the same as yours, so I knew solving this problem was possible!

You set me on the right path :thumbup: Excellent!

I created my own SSDT.dsl to match the physical ports on the motherboard and backplate and then tried your SS0* settings. In your definition the SS ports are offset by "6" . So instead of 11,0,0,0 yours had 17,0,0,0 etc. I tried this but although the ports were visible now, they didn't work.

Next I went back to 11,0,0,0 and ensured I set the top port number correctly.

Voila! Everything working as it should. :thumbup: So thank you again for your help.

When I finally publish my build description here I will include the SSDT source.

I'm glad that i help. Enjoy your hackintosh :)

I did - With the help of Rehabman. And thats exactly the point.
Based on your ssdt-USB.dsl: Which ports are the Asmedia ports?

Thanks

Hi there.

I've just completed my build using a Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 motherboard with Asmedia 3142 chip. It controls the USB-C and USB-Red USB 3.1 Gen 2.0 ports only. For me these actually show on the RP19 part of the IORegistryExplorer tree, not in the XHC section.

The ones on XHC - HS** and SS** - all seem to be controlled by the Intel chipset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back