Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I just successfully completed a fresh install of High Sierra 10.13.3. Everything is working, but extremely laggy. The mouse is the worst part. Does anyone have any suggestions?

I seem to have the exact same problem. My hackintosh has a i5-8700k & gtx 1050 but there's lag resizing windows & even sometimes just typing....

what is you ssd? nvme?

based on exhausistive research, it appears the problem may be related to 1 of 2 things:

1. nvidia web drivers version 156/157 for high sierra 10.3.3 (I'm currently rolling-back to 10.3.2 in order to verify this fix)
2. More generally using nvidia gpu's at all which aren't well-supported on Macs (considering buying an RX 560 to replace current gtx 1050 if all else fails)

Experiencing the same problem with my high sierra 10.13.3. I'm on a AMD Radeon R9 280x gpu. Based on my search, it seems this is a common problem with High Sierra hackintosh

Downgrading to Nvidia web driver .106 worked for me ( search for webdriver.sh )

Super late but if anyone lands here, I also did a fresh install of high sierra, struggled for ages with lag,
ran this one line to properly install unflagged drivers and boom, machine running buttery smooth.

i5 7600k
1070ti

Direct link https://github.com/Benjamin-Dobell/nvidia-update

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/nvidia-update-simple-way-to-install-nvidia-web-drivers.244987/

Have you managed to get your GTX760 working under High Sierra with this line or is it just your 1070ti?

I am still stuck with the lag with my GTX760 after many months trying various configs.

Last edited:
Have you managed to get your GTX760 working under High Sierra with this line or is it just your 1070ti?

I am still stuck with the lag with my GTX760 after many months trying various configs.
Sorry only my 1070ti

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back