Contribute
Register

10.12 Nvidia Pascal Web Driver disaster reloaded under 10.13 High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.
10.12.6 will work perfectly well until this is resolved. Stay with that and be happy we've got drivers right now for Sierra. High Sierra is Sierra with new features and optimization, not that much different for the average user.
My Mac is not giving me all it got.
H270n-wifi mobo, i5 7600 pro., MSI Nvidia 1050. I still want's to get wt* is wrong with it ?

Because of that I can't imagine myself, when I am on 10.13.

nVidia support doesn't know anything about nVidia Web Drivers.

Apple now officially supports eGPUs and VR and even sell a Devkit (mind you with an AMD GPU) so nVidia WebDrivers will keep being made.

Don't worry, a driver will come once it's officially released.

nVidia support doesn't know anything about nVidia Web Drivers.

Apple now officially supports eGPUs and VR and even sell a Devkit (mind you with an AMD GPU) so nVidia WebDrivers will keep being made.

Don't worry, a driver will come once it's officially released.

Like the Pascal web driver for 10.12? :lol: Do you remember that it has been officially distributed by Nvidia nearly one year after the official Sierra release???

Anyway, the answer was quite clear. There is an ongoing dispute between Apple and Nvidia concerning contracts, rights and marketing policies... Currently he was not able to say if there will be 10.13 macOS High Sierra web driver support at all.

Full stop.

Last edited:
Maybe Apple will start shipping them
Intel controls the Mac display connector, Nvidia chose not to compete with AMD/Eyefinity.
Next Nvidia opportunity, Intel/Thunderbolt 4/DP 1.3 support

@izo1, @kgp, @toleda, guys I know it's off-topic. But I'll lost my mind.
My Hackintosh's performance is not good.
I have explained my system's details in this thread. I've fixex intel egpu settings and kaby lake is native now. And I realize that I need to install cuda driver. But still something is wrong.
Can you guys help me ?

Like the Pascal web driver for 10.12? :lol: Do you remember that it has been officially distributed by Nvidia nearly one year after the official Sierra release???

Anyway, the answer was quite clear. There is an ongoing dispute between Apple and Nvidia concerning contracts, rights and marketing policies... Currently he was not able to say if there will be 10.13 macOS High Sierra web driver support at all.

Full stop.

Apple gave the go ahead to nVidia to release Pascal drivers.

Apple apologized for the 2013 Mac Pro because it wasn't "expandable" and "modular" and promised a new Mac Pro in 2018 that was modular.

So assuming that they release a PCIe capable Mac Pro next year, even if they only support AMD GPUs in their store, nVidia will keep making drivers with Apple's approval.

It's very simple. Apple controls the driver signature for macOS. nVidia can't just release drivers out of nowhere.

Also remember Pascal was a brand new architecture and it took longer than Maxwell to get new initial drivers, but when High Sierra comes out, which is September I think, Pascal will still be here and Volta is not here yet.

Apple gave the go ahead to nVidia to release Pascal drivers.

Apple apologized for the 2013 Mac Pro because it wasn't "expandable" and "modular" and promised a new Mac Pro in 2018 that was modular.

So assuming that they release a PCIe capable Mac Pro next year, even if they only support AMD GPUs in their store, nVidia will keep making drivers with Apple's approval.

It's very simple. Apple controls the driver signature for macOS. nVidia can't just release drivers out of nowhere.

Also remember Pascal was a brand new architecture and it took longer than Maxwell to get new initial drivers, but when High Sierra comes out, which is September I think, Pascal will still be here and Volta is not here yet.

I fully understand your logic. But I think at least it would be fair to know about Nvidia's plans and strategies with respect to the development and release of 10.13 Web Drivers. This could avoid steadily growing concerns on side of the users and the hackintosh community. It is a no-go to receive answers from the support hotline like the one below, which is very similar to answers I received all along the 10.12 Pascal Web Driver Disaster. I regret that the entire conversation has been in German. However, those not fluid in German might be able to translate the conversation by means of some online translator.

Code:
Chat started: 2017-07-26 12:35 PM UTC

[code](12:35:13 PM) Ich: Hallo, irgendetwas neues bzgl. Maxwell und Pascal Web Driver Support für 10.13 macOS High Sierra?
(12:35:31 PM) *** Karol joined the chat ***
(12:35:42 PM) Karol: Hallo lieber Kunde :)
(12:35:53 PM) Karol: vielen Dank für Ihre Kontaktaufnahme mit NVIDIA Kundendienst. Ich bin Karol und heute werde ich Sie mit Ihrer Situation unterstützen.
(12:36:07 PM) Ich: vielen Dank
(12:36:35 PM) Karol: wir haben leider kein Info dies bezüglich erhalten
(12:36:53 PM) Karol: und leider kann ich Ihnen nicht sagen, ob noch etwas kommen wird
(12:37:00 PM) Ich: ufff
(12:37:56 PM) Ich: das heisst es ist dasselbe Desaster zu erwarten wie schon bei dem Pascal Grafikkartentreiber für 10.12 Sierra?
(12:38:10 PM) Ich: Das klingt gar nicht gut
(12:39:02 PM) Ich: Bleibt dann wohl nichts anderes über als meine AORUS GTX 1080 Ti Extreme Edition so schnell wie möglich zu verkaufen
(12:39:26 PM) Karol: ich würde Ihnen gerne dabei helfen. da aber MAC OS eine geschlossene Umgebung ist, ist es bisschen kompliziert
(12:40:02 PM) Ich: ich verstehe das komplizierte Verhaeltnis zw. Apple und Nvidia
(12:40:19 PM) Ich: Trotzdem finde ich es nicht fair dass das immer zur Lasten der Kunden ausgetragen wird
(12:40:43 PM) Karol: ganz genau, so ist es leider. viellleicht machen Sie es noch einfacher zwischen diese Platformen
(12:41:12 PM) Karol: ich würde sagen, sehr viele werden dann glücklich sein :)
(12:41:21 PM) Ich: ja klar
(12:41:31 PM) Ich: aber was mache ich inzwischen?
(12:41:46 PM) Ich: Meine Grafikkarte für fast 1000 Euro ist absolut unbrauchbar!
(12:42:00 PM) Ich: Wie schon unter 10.12 Sierra zuvor
(12:42:08 PM) Ich: für fast ein Jahr!
(12:43:22 PM) Karol: ich verstehe sehr gut was Sie meinen. Es ist aber leider mehr oder weniger von uns unabhängig
(12:44:03 PM) Ich: ??? Sie entwickeln doch den Web Driver ! Also wie können Sie sagen dass das von Ihnen unabhängig ist?
(12:45:51 PM) Karol: das stimmt ja. für Apple, als auch für Linux ist es aber leider kompliziert, so wie eben schon gesagt
(12:46:27 PM) Karol: wir haben keine genauere Infos warum es so ist. ich vermute aber, es geht um Vertäge, Rechte usw.
(12:48:47 PM) Ich: Ich verstehe! Trotzdem vielen Dank für die Info. Mir ist jetzt zumindest klar dass in naechster Zeit nicht mit
einem 10.13 Webdriver zu rechnen ist. Ich werde also meine AORUS 1080 TI Extreme Edition so schnell wie möglich verkaufen
und auf eine ATI VEGA wechseln. Ich werde das auch so an die entsprechenden Foren weitergeben, damit die Kunden wissen
woran sie sind. Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe und Auskunft!
(12:49:24 PM) Karol: immer gerne
(12:49:37 PM) Karol: tut mir leid, dass ich Ihnen nicht wirklich helfen konnte
(12:49:48 PM) Ich: ist schon ok
(12:50:00 PM) Ich: noch einen schönen Tag!
(12:50:01 PM) Karol: Sollten Sie also in der Zukunft noch Fragen haben, stehe ich Ihnen gerne zur Verfügung
(12:50:18 PM) Karol: das wünsche ich Ihnen und vielen Dank für das nette Gespräch, tschau!
[/code]

Last edited:
I fully understand your logic. But I think at least it would be fair to know about Nvidia's plans and strategies with respect to the development and release of 10.13 Web Drivers. This could avoid steadily growing concerns on side of the users and the hackintosh community. It is a no-go to receive answers from the support hotline like the one below, which is very similar to answers I received all along the 10.12 Pascal Web Driver Disaster. I regret that the entire conversation has been in German. However, those not fluid in German might be able to translate the conversation by means of some online translator.

The chat is useless and they don't know anything. I used to troll them daily before Pascal drivers came out.

Take whatever they say with a grain of salt.

High Sierra drivers for Pascal are guaranteed.

Volta, I don't know (2018-2019). But highly likely now that Apple officially supports eGPU.

nVidia WebDrivers are NOT officially supported at all, it's just something nVidia does on the side that's why it's hard to find on their site.

Don't be a pessimist dude.

Reactions: kgp
I doubt Apple see supporting the latest Nvidia graphics cards as a priority use of their resources. Their last machine that these cards could be used in came out over 5 years ago. Many, many moons ago in terms of typical Apple product lifecycles.

With Radeon Vega coming out and same performances as the 1080 Ti, I'd rather switch to AMD right now. I was about to build a new computer with two GTX 1080Ti's, but without driver support under macOS, I'm basically lost as I use these GPU's a lot. Time to switch, my friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back