Contribute
Register

10.12 Nvidia Pascal Web Driver disaster reloaded under 10.13 High Sierra?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kgp

Retired
Motherboard
ASUS WS X299 Sage 10G
CPU
i9-7980XE
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:thumbdown Very deceiving news my friends! :thumbdown

Just finished some extended chat with the Nvidia support hotline o_O

Apparently, the 10.12 Nvidia Pascal Web Driver disaster seems to find its continuation also under 10.13 High Sierra :cry:

The answer was quite clear. There is an ongoing dispute between Apple and Nvidia concerning contracts, rights and marketing policies... Currently he was not able to say if there will be 10.13 macOS High Sierra web driver support at all. At least there will not be any 10.13 Web Driver support in the near future! :banghead:

Ironically, the 10.12.6 Web Driver workaround for 10.13 supports OpenGL and Metal just for Kepler graphics cards. Pascal and Maxwell users have to live with at least proper screen resolution and basic video acceleration...

Nvidia Pascal, simply a never ending nightmare? :mad:

Anybody interested in writing or supporting a follow-up petition/request to Nvidia :?:

Last edited:
Title could be: Very Depressing News !

Did the support person say why they will discontinue support in High Sierra ?

Last edited:
Title could be very Depressing News !

Did the support person say why they will discontinue support in High Sierra ?

Yup.. Reasons seem to be once more the disputes between Apple and Nvidia concerning contracts, money, marketing strategies, marketing policy, denied collaborations etc...

His statements and answers where quite similar to those formerly committed around the 10.12 Pascal Web Driver disaster. My impression was very, very pessimistic. At least there will not be any 10.13 WebDriver within some reasonable time...

Why should really think on a follow-up petition/ request asap, this time for the 10.13 WebDriver!

Last edited:
Maybe Apple will start shipping them so there will be no need to have a separate package?

This was not the message he transmitted to me, but if you are right we would be save soon.. However, I have my doubts. I am still shocked and touched after the nightmare with the 10.12 Pascal driver. Remember that it took Nvidia nearly one year to deliver and release a reasonable 10.12 Pascal WebDriver!

Last edited:
What is that mean, my pascal card will be a garbage on 10.13 ?

Basically without working web driver you would have strongly reduced graphics performance.. it is very anoying anyway that there is still no Nvidia 10.13 web driver. 10.13 PB3 (DP4) is already fully functional apart from the missing web driver issue.. :(

Basically without working web driver you would have strongly reduced graphics performance.. it is very anoying anyway that there is still no Nvidia 10.13 web driver. 10.13 PB3 (DP4) is already fully functional apart from the missing web driver issue.. :(
Not now, I get it.
So, in the future ?

What is that mean, my pascal card will be a garbage on 10.13 ?

10.12.6 will work perfectly well until this is resolved. Stay with that and be happy we've got drivers right now for Sierra. High Sierra is Sierra with new features and optimization, not that much different for the average user.

Not now, I get it.
So, in the future ?

Thats the thing. Apparently again it is not clear at all when and if at all there will be a functional 10.13 web driver. With pascal we had to wait nearly one year for functional webdrivers on 10.12!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back