Contribute
Register

10.12 no longer available on App Store, cannot upgrade to Sierra!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

I'm a bit late to the party and would now like to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra. However, due to 10.12.1 being released I can no longer upgrade! When I download 10.12.1 it says the version isn't compatible with my computer, and I cant find 10.12 anywhere! Any suggestion as to where I can find the original update?

Hi,

I'm a bit late to the party and would now like to upgrade from El Capitan to Sierra. However, due to 10.12.1 being released I can no longer upgrade! When I download 10.12.1 it says the version isn't compatible with my computer, and I cant find 10.12 anywhere! Any suggestion as to where I can find the original update?

What is your system definition ?

Thanks for the reply. My system definition is Mac Pro 3.1

Thanks for the reply. My system definition is Mac Pro 3.1
The MacPro3,1 does not meet the minimum spec required to install Sierra.
Suggest you change to iMac14,2.

Ahh I see, thanks man!

So I've changed to Mac 14,2 but now it says that I need to install 10.12 first beofre installing 10.12.1. Does anyone know where I can download 10.12?

So I've changed to Mac 14,2 but now it says that I need to install 10.12 first beofre installing 10.12.1. Does anyone know where I can download 10.12?
Just select macOS Sierra in the App Store and you will get the current installer.

Just select macOS Sierra in the App Store and you will get the current installer.

Thanks, but either I'm not understanding you or vice versa.

I don't want the current installer, I need 10.12. The current installer is 10.12.1, which my computer is telling me I can't install without the previous version.

Thanks, but either I'm not understanding you or vice versa.

I don't want the current installer, I need 10.12. The current installer is 10.12.1, which my computer is telling me I can't install without the previous version.
From where did you obtain your 10,12,1 update ?
The App Store always provides the current version which will install without the need for any previous versions.

From where did you obtain your 10,12,1 update ?
The App Store always provides the current version which will install without the need for any previous versions.

Thanks for the help! Okay so I did as you suggested, and everything was working well. The problem I have now is that my computer won't restart/ shutdown properly, so I cannot begin the installation process. I've had this problem for a while, and it seems quite common. I have tried to use the 'fix shutdown' option in clover but that hasn't helped. Basically after choosing to restart or shutdown my computer, the screen goes bank the computer never shuts down, so I have to do it manually. This is messing with the installation process as it doesn't start up in installation mode!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back