Motherboard
MSI H97 GAMING 3
CPU
i5-4690
Graphics
HD 4600 & GTX 650 Ti
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, I'm getting black screen when booted with Install MacOS Sierra.

I've pasted the startosinstall code to terminal, it did its thing and restarted, then I selected Install MacOS Sierra and loading bar with Apple logo appeared, bar filled 60%ish, then black screen welcomed me.

I checked the screen with a flashlight, bar completed and installer appeared, turns out only back light turns off which cannot be turned on with keyboard keys. 41 mins remaning appeared on the installer. Then it restarted, I selected install MacOS Sierra again, same thing happened but this time installer gave an error at the end.

"MacOS could not be installed on your computer.
An error occured while verifying firmware. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

Some posts suggest wrong our outdated SMBIOS info in the config file may cause this to happen.

First, why backlight turns off? Second, How to verify firmware without an error?

Thanks.

Hi, I'm getting black screen when booted with Install MacOS Sierra.

I've pasted the startosinstall code to terminal, it did its thing and restarted, then I selected Install MacOS Sierra and loading bar with Apple logo appeared, bar filled 60%ish, then black screen welcomed me.

I checked the screen with a flashlight, bar completed and installer appeared, turns out only back light turns off which cannot be turned on with keyboard keys. 41 mins remaning appeared on the installer. Then it restarted, I selected install MacOS Sierra again, same thing happened but this time installer gave an error at the end.

"MacOS could not be installed on your computer.
An error occured while verifying firmware. Quit the installer to restart your computer and try again."

Some posts suggest wrong our outdated SMBIOS info in the config file may cause this to happen.

First, why backlight turns off? Second, How to verify firmware without an error?

Thanks.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Here's the PR files. Btw, when this issue happen and then I boot up the Sierra almost all fixes not working, I need to rebuild kernel cache in order to make things work again.

Thanks

Attachments

• AE's MBP PR 10.13 Ins BG Lite n FW issue.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 76
Here's the PR files. Btw, when this issue happen and then I boot up the Sierra almost all fixes not working, I need to rebuild kernel cache in order to make things work again.

Thanks

Bad capture of ACPI/origin.
Delete all files from ACPI/origin.
Then collect new ones with Clover F4.

I'm searching on the net and people r talking about SMBIOS firmware features etc. Should I change those?

Thanks.

Attached updated Clover.

Attachments

• AE's MBP PR 10.13 Ins BG Lite n FW issue 2.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 48
I'm searching on the net and people r talking about SMBIOS firmware features etc. Should I change those?

Thanks.

Attached updated Clover.

Problem with bad capture of ACPI/origin still not fixed.

Problem with bad capture of ACPI/origin still not fixed.

How am I gonna fix it? I restarted, pressed F4 and send it. What else I can do? Besides, if the issue with only Origin folder, can you just check the patched files?

In addition, I don't think it's related to the patched ACPI files but something else, maybe config file? Because Sierra works fine with that setup.

I already told you.
Read post #4.
Carefully.
I already did that.
Here another new set of files with the same way, delete, F4, copy, compress.

Btw, I have your new config file, which I guess disables Nvidia with hotpatches. I also implement the Spoof file (not to the system volume though, only on USB install). Do you think those 2 conflict each other when I use USB setup file?

Also, should I add Spoof file to the system volume too? Maybe it fixes backlight turn off issue?

Thanks

Attachments

• AE's MBP PR 10.13 Ins BG Lite n FW issue 3.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 59
I already did that.

But the files you provided were old.

Here another new set of files with the same way, delete, F4, copy, compress.

Finally a correct ACPI/origin.
Based on ACPI/origin, you should have the following SSDTs from origin in ACPI/patched:
SSDT-0.aml
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-3.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-5.aml
SSDT-6.aml
SSDT-7.aml
SSDT-8.aml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back