Contribute
Register

10.12.6 security update broke my system, gave up a while, trying again

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I tried exactly what you said. Booted in with nv_disable=1, reinstalled webdrivers, used multibeast to install the webdrivers flag, and still couldn’t get IGFX and NVIDIA drivers to work together. I’m wondering if it’s possible.

I have now reinstalled my older Nvidia card again (GT740) and am trying to get back to a system that I had before that security update. I have internal graphics disabled in bios and inject intel unchecked in my clover config.plist. I have web drivers installed and the argument for webdrivers set to true. In verbose it looks like it’s booting but then goes to a black screen. When I try to boot with web drivers clicked on from the clover boot screen (using space bar) I get the error in the attached picture.

Any idea what I need to do to get past black screen? I can boot in no problem with nv_disable=1 so this definitely continues to be a graphics problem it seems.
I have attached my current clover EFI folder and my S/L/E folder. Any help appreciated. Following some other threads I just tried flashing my bios to the latest version (f22g) and
Can you boot with nv disable and mount your EFI and compress it and post?
Right click on EFI folder to select compress option.

Attachments

• Extensions copy.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
  • EFI.zip
    21.2 MB · Views: 82
Were you able to peek at that EFI folder at all? I spent some more time today trying various things without any luck:(

Any help is so very appreciated!

Were you able to peek at my EFI folder? I still haven’t been able to get my Nvidia cards working so any help you can offer will be very much appreciated!

Were you able to peek at my EFI folder? I still haven’t been able to get my Nvidia cards working so any help you can offer will be very much appreciated!

I don't see anything that sticks out or wrong with the EFi. The Extensions folder doesn't have the Nvidia web drivers, did you download them and run the install app? Go to bios and set PEG or PCI as your display output. Boot nv_disable=1 and then download the drivers and install. They should show up in your extensions folder.

I don't see anything that sticks out or wrong with the EFi. The Extensions folder doesn't have the Nvidia web drivers, did you download them and run the install app? Go to bios and set PEG or PCI as your display output. Boot nv_disable=1 and then download the drivers and install. They should show up in your extensions folder.
That’s weird. I’ll try to figure out why that’s the case. I ran the installer and it shows up in my control panel and in the menu bar it says that the web drivers are active. I’ll do some more tweaking and looking and see what I can figure out. Thanks again for the help!

That’s weird. I’ll try to figure out why that’s the case. I ran the installer and it shows up in my control panel and in the menu bar it says that the web drivers are active. I’ll do some more tweaking and looking and see what I can figure out. Thanks again for the help!

Check your system/Library/Extensions folder. Was the one you posted the library/Extensions folder?
Are you using El Capitan? Try csractiveconfig 0x30 instead of 0x67 in RT variables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back