Contribute
Register

10.12.6 security update broke my system, gave up a while, trying again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I tried booting up with this but graphics are still broken and I’m not getting any output from my 1050 card:(

Go to bios, hold delete key at startup, and disable the IGPU/IGFX or internal intel graphics and set PEG as primary display output.
Then in clover boot screen menu and hit the space bar once and select nv_disable=1. Once you are in Sierra install the Nvidia web drivers and use multibeast to set web drivers=true.

Go to bios, hold delete key at startup, and disable the IGPU/IGFX or internal intel graphics and set PEG as primary display output.
Then in clover boot screen menu and hit the space bar once and select nv_disable=1. Once you are in Sierra install the Nvidia web drivers and use multibeast to set web drivers=true.
Ok. I will try this when I get home from work. That said, I already have the correct web drivers installed and I tried booting with the EFI folder exactly as you sent it and also with Nvidiaweb checked in clover configurator (which I assume sets webdrivers=true). Am I wrong in my thinking there?

Ok. I will try this when I get home from work. That said, I already have the correct web drivers installed and I tried booting with the EFI folder exactly as you sent it and also with Nvidiaweb checked in clover configurator (which I assume sets webdrivers=true). Am I wrong in my thinking there?

No that’s correct, but you should still disable intel, and if the web drivers don’t load try nv disable and then reload them. The web drivers may need to be updated if you updated the OS. The security update may have messed with the original drivers.permissions settings.

No that’s correct, but you should still disable intel, and if the web drivers don’t load try nv disable and then reload them. The web drivers may need to be updated if you updated the OS. The security update may have messed with the original drivers.permissions settings.
Ok. I will try this. If I do subsequently get my Nvidia card working, do I then go back to IGFX as my primary boot with injectintel in order to have both working in tandem? If not potentially I can go back to what I was doing before which is not using IGFX at all and putting in two PCI Nvidia cards I guess.

Ok. I will try this. If I do subsequently get my Nvidia card working, do I then go back to IGFX as my primary boot with injectintel in order to have both working in tandem? If not potentially I can go back to what I was doing before which is not using IGFX at all and putting in two PCI Nvidia cards I guess.
So I tried exactly what you said. Booted in with nv_disable=1, reinstalled webdrivers, used multibeast to install the webdrivers flag, and still couldn’t get IGFX and NVIDIA drivers to work together. I’m wondering if it’s possible.

I have now reinstalled my older Nvidia card again (GT740) and am trying to get back to a system that I had before that security update. I have internal graphics disabled in bios and inject intel unchecked in my clover config.plist. I have web drivers installed and the argument for webdrivers set to true. In verbose it looks like it’s booting but then goes to a black screen. When I try to boot with web drivers clicked on from the clover boot screen (using space bar) I get the error in the attached picture.

Any idea what I need to do to get past black screen? I can boot in no problem with nv_disable=1 so this definitely continues to be a graphics problem it seems.

Attachments

• 1C92E124-CBF5-4574-9BCA-42503D7F307E.jpeg
    1C92E124-CBF5-4574-9BCA-42503D7F307E.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38
So I tried exactly what you said. Booted in with nv_disable=1, reinstalled webdrivers, used multibeast to install the webdrivers flag, and still couldn’t get IGFX and NVIDIA drivers to work together. I’m wondering if it’s possible.

I have now reinstalled my older Nvidia card again (GT740) and am trying to get back to a system that I had before that security update. I have internal graphics disabled in bios and inject intel unchecked in my clover config.plist. I have web drivers installed and the argument for webdrivers set to true. In verbose it looks like it’s booting but then goes to a black screen. When I try to boot with web drivers clicked on from the clover boot screen (using space bar) I get the error in the attached picture.

Any idea what I need to do to get past black screen? I can boot in no problem with nv_disable=1 so this definitely continues to be a graphics problem it seems.

Can you boot with nv disable and mount your EFI and compress it and post?
Right click on EFI folder to select compress option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back