Asrock DeskMini H110M (Clover)
CPU
i5-7500
Graphics
HD 630 (1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz HiDPI)
Mac
  1. iMac
Hi,

i am trying to get rid of the skylake-fake-id for the onbaord HD630 graphics, but as soon as i use ig-platform-id 0x59120000 (following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/ ) i am getting a flickering screen when using scaled HiDPI 1920x1080@60 Hz via Displayport on an LG 27" UHD Monitor.

Flickering means: getting a normal Display after login, and then randomly getting short blackscreens (for a second or so) then screen comes back normally. i can trigger this behaviour for example by opening a new finder window, and then dragging it fast. Flickering happens really often.

Have read about such problems in the deskmini and 10.12.6. threads also.
Tried other kabylake platform ids, always getting this annoying flicker problem with HD 630.

When using the skylake-fake settings for graphics 0x1916000 there is no flickering at all.

Maybe someone with more insight can find the problem, when looking at my attached settings?

Cheers,
Max

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.6 MB · Views: 122
  • ioreg.zip
    465.1 KB · Views: 98
  • kextcache.txt.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 77
  • kextstat.txt.zip
    949 bytes · Views: 81
  • extension_listings.txt.zip
    3.3 KB · Views: 77
Hi,

i am trying to get rid of the skylake-fake-id for the onbaord HD630 graphics, but as soon as i use ig-platform-id 0x59120000 (following this guide: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-enable-kaby-lake-intel-6xx-graphics-10-12-6.225282/ ) i am getting a flickering screen when using scaled HiDPI 1920x1080@60 Hz via Displayport on an LG 27" UHD Monitor.

Flickering means: getting a normal Display after login, and then randomly getting short blackscreens (for a second or so) then screen comes back normally. i can trigger this behaviour for example by opening a new finder window, and then dragging it fast. Flickering happens really often.

Have read about such problems in the deskmini and 10.12.6. threads also.
Tried other kabylake platform ids, always getting this annoying flicker problem with HD 630.

When using the skylake-fake settings for graphics 0x1916000 there is no flickering at all.

Maybe someone with more insight can find the problem, when looking at my attached settings?

Cheers,
Max

You will likely need to use a higher DVMT-prealloc setting with an ig-platform-id that can utilize that higher setting.
(eg. check BIOS setting, try different, valid, ig-platform-id).

You will likely need to use a higher DVMT-prealloc setting with an ig-platform-id that can utilize that higher setting.
(eg. check BIOS setting, try different, valid, ig-platform-id).

checked BIOS - shared graphics memory: 128MB
increased to 256MB: no change: still flickering screen

i also tried various other ig-platform ids for kabylake graphics: either i am getting flickering or i'm not getting 60HZ but max 30Hz.

Max

i also tried various other ig-platform ids for kabylake graphics: either i am getting flickering or i'm not getting 60HZ but max 30Hz.

4k@30Hz vs. 4k@60 Hz is a known problem (it has already been discussed in my NUC7 guide thread).
Use SKL spoofing for 4k@60Hz.
See discussion in my NUC7 thread for more info.

4k@30Hz vs. 4k@60 Hz is a known problem (it has already been discussed in my NUC7 guide thread).
Use SKL spoofing for 4k@60Hz.
See discussion in my NUC7 thread for more info.

o.k. thanks much!
will use skylake graphics spoofing for now, as this seems to work for me.

Just out of curiosity: is this problem happening on high sierra too, and will skylake spoofing work with high sierra, in case there is no solution to real kabylake UHD 60Hz?

Cheers,
Max

Just out of curiosity: is this problem happening on high sierra too, and will skylake spoofing work with high sierra, in case there is no solution to real kabylake UHD 60Hz?

No idea.
Although I have High Sierra running fine on the NUC7, I have no 4k hardware here.
You should try it and see if the drivers are improved.

o.k. thanks much!
will use skylake graphics spoofing for now, as this seems to work for me.

Cheers,
Max
Hi, Did you solve this problem? [10.12.6 native kabylake graphics HD630 flicker]

Hi, Did you solve this problem? [10.12.6 native kabylake graphics HD630 flicker]

Sorry, no: not with native kabylake graphics id. Tried with latest bios for my board and official High Sierra release too: No change: getting flickering/blackouts when using hidpi for 4k@60Hz monitor.

So i keep using the skylake spoofed graphics id for the time being, this way i am not getting any screen blackouts in 10.12.6 and 10.13.0

Max

Sorry, no: not with native kabylake graphics id. Tried with latest bios for my board and official High Sierra release too: No change: getting flickering/blackouts when using hidpi for 4k@60Hz monitor.

So i keep using the skylake spoofed graphics id for the time being, this way i am not getting any screen blackouts in 10.12.6 and 10.13.0

Max
Thank you, using the skylake spoofed graphics id. 4k@6Hz monitor usable?

Thank you, using the skylake spoofed graphics id. 4k@6Hz monitor usable?

i am using the skylake spoofed graphics id successfully on 10.12.6 and 10.13.0, having a 27" UHD monitor and HiDPI 1920x1080@60Hz. No flickering or short blackouts.

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back