Contribute
Register

10.12.6 native kabylake graphics HD630 flicker

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am using the skylake spoofed graphics id successfully on 10.12.6 and 10.13.0, having a 27" UHD monitor and HiDPI 1920x1080@60Hz. No flickering or short blackouts.

Max
wowo it's so cool , i try using the skylake spoofed graphics id.
but it does not automatically recognize Hidp 4k @ 60Hz.
can you share your EFI folder?
thank you very much。

wowo it's so cool , i try using the skylake spoofed graphics id.
but it does not automatically recognize Hidp 4k @ 60Hz.
can you share your EFI folder?
thank you very much。

have posted the efi/clover folder for 10.13.0 (with skylake spoofed graphics id) a few hours ago here:

10.13 AppleALC no sound - static noise

Sorry, no: not with native kabylake graphics id. Tried with latest bios for my board and official High Sierra release too: No change: getting flickering/blackouts when using hidpi for 4k@60Hz monitor.

So i keep using the skylake spoofed graphics id for the time being, this way i am not getting any screen blackouts in 10.12.6 and 10.13.0

Max
Hi, I'm new here. My problem is same as yours. Could you please tell me how you do that exactly? I did modify the config.plist and set ig-platform-id to what you said.
After I restart my computer, it looks like it got no intel driver. And everything is very slow. Indeed it doesn't black anymore.
Thank you.

Hi, I'm new here. My problem is same as yours. Could you please tell me how you do that exactly? I did modify the config.plist and set ig-platform-id to what you said.
After I restart my computer, it looks like it got no intel driver. And everything is very slow. Indeed it doesn't black anymore.
Thank you.

As already said, I posted a copy of my EFI/Clover Files here:
10.13 AppleALC no sound - static noise

There you can find all the necessary settings and files for a working system that uses integrated intel graphics with HiDPI@60Hz.

Basic steps (please read the official howtos):
* install lilu.kext + intelgraphicsfixup.kext
* use correct BIOS settings (Shared Video Memory/DMVT 64MB or 128 MB)
* inject intel + ig-platform-id in config.plist

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back