Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
<< need model # >> See Forum Rules !!
CPU
Ryzen 5900
Graphics
5700XT
IntelBacklight doesnt work anymore with OSX 10.12.4, can only use it with the brightness slider app. No control from within the operation system itself. Removing it or replacing it with another Backlight gives only 100-70% brightness control and then drops to 0%. I'm missing 10%-70% brightness.

Does anyone know a fix for IntelBackLight.kext or knows how to increase the vanilla brightness control to get the full 0-100%?

IntelBacklight doesnt work anymore with OSX 10.12.4, can only use it with the brightness slider app. No control from within the operation system itself. Removing it or replacing it with another Backlight gives only 100-70% brightness control and then drops to 0%. I'm missing 10%-70% brightness.

Does anyone know a fix for IntelBackLight.kext or knows how to increase the vanilla brightness control to get the full 0-100%?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/readme-common-some-unsolved-problems-in-10-12-sierra.202316/

neither AppleBacklight.kext or an AppleBacklightInjector.kext did work for me - because these will result in the 100-70% brightness, loosing the lower brightness steps.

Requires a correct AppleBacklightInjector.kext (it is custom depending on your panel vendor/display-id).
And correct ACPI patches.
You are likely missing one or both.

Requires a correct AppleBacklightInjector.kext (it is custom depending on your panel vendor/display-id).
And correct ACPI patches.
You are likely missing one or both.
so what patch is required for hd530? only see one for hd4000?

so what patch is required for hd530? only see one for hd4000?

SSDT-PNLF.dsl is coded for all of them.
You will need to customize SSDT-Config.dsl as per comments.
Read ACPI hotpatch guide, and refer to hotpatch SSDTs on github.

ok found the config.dsl. However even after modification of LMAX to Sky 0x710 or "Ones" as well as selecting AppleBacklight - nothing changed.

when using the self patched AppleBacklightInjector.kext the screen brightness is stuck at a random value and cannot be changed anymore.

Last edited:
same problem IntelBacklight and ACPIBackLight.kext both are not working after 10.12.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back