Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have posted this on Sky Go support forum here in the UK but thought I would post here as well in case anyone has thoughts on what is going on.

My machine works well but since the update to 10.12.3 the Sky Go Player freezes the computer when trying to stream video from Sky Go website. I had thought it was a Sky Go issue as I had not experienced it elsewhere. However today I visited the Discovery Channel UK website and opened an article about them no longer being available on Sky - I got the same issue.

On the Discovery site there is a video embedded in the page so am thinking the issue is to do with video streaming.

Anyone got any thoughts on why this should freeze my hack necessitating a hard boot. I will post more info as I discover it.

I have posted this on Sky Go support forum here in the UK but thought I would post here as well in case anyone has thoughts on what is going on.

My machine works well but since the update to 10.12.3 the Sky Go Player freezes the computer when trying to stream video from Sky Go website. I had thought it was a Sky Go issue as I had not experienced it elsewhere. However today I visited the Discovery Channel UK website and opened an article about them no longer being available on Sky - I got the same issue.

On the Discovery site there is a video embedded in the page so am thinking the issue is to do with video streaming.

Anyone got any thoughts on why this should freeze my hack necessitating a hard boot. I will post more info as I discover it.

Common problem with Intel HD 4600 & Sierra. You'd be better to disable HD 4600 and just use your 750Ti. Sky won't know much about it as its a OS thing. I had the same problem with my Zgemma box when watching Live TV with HD 4600 on any Sky channel.

Common problem with Intel HD 4600 & Sierra. You'd be better to disable HD 4600 and just use your 750Ti. Sky won't know much about it as its a OS thing. I had the same problem with my Zgemma box when watching Live TV with HD 4600 on any Sky channel.
Thank you I have HD4600 enabled although not using at the moment - will disable it.

Thank you I have HD4600 enabled although not using at the moment - will disable it.

@VoiletDragon you have made me very happy - issue resolved

If you still want to use both HD 4600 & GTX750 you might be better to revert back to 10.11.6. Im no longer running Sierra as it has issues and not worth the time until Apple has resolved the issues.

im ok now, this machine is re-tasked as the main media centre for me so no longer need HD4600 - its connected to a large 4kTV and no 2nd monitor. What other issues have you experienced?

im ok now, this machine is re-tasked as the main media centre for me so no longer need HD4600 - its connected to a large 4kTV and no 2nd monitor. What other issues have you experienced?

Ive experienced issues when using Kodi and its Enigma2 add on Client. It would let me set up but when id go and play TV from the Zgemma Free to Air satellite box the machine would just lock up. Also had issues with online radio/netflix content. But it works fine in El Capitan there is no fix for HD4400/4600 yet.

ah ok - I should be ok - I watch Netflix directly from my tv or from my BT Box. I don't use the others. I would also be quite happy on El Capitan if the need arises - only use Siri on my phone. thanks for your help

ah ok - I should be ok - I watch Netflix directly from my tv or from my BT Box. I don't use the others. I would also be quite happy on El Capitan if the need arises - only use Siri on my phone. thanks for your help

Ive never used Sky Go I'm on Freest here. But glad its sorted. Id recommend anyone who wants to use HD 4600 to stay at El Capitan anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back