Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
--
CPU
--
Graphics
--
I'm running a Dell XPS 13 with Clover and macOS 10.12 that's mostly working fine. But I'm trying to install the 10.12.1 beta to see if it helps with the keyboard fn key issues.

I've had issues in the past on Yosemite trying to install software updates from the App Store (my laptop restarts after downloading the update, but it doesn't actually install anything), and I had to go in to /Library/Updates and manually install the FirmwareUpdate and SoftwareUpdate packages. But with Public Beta 5, when I go to install the packages manually, it says that "The package requires additional components and cannot be installed independently."

Does anyone have any idea as to how I can either make the software updates work from the App Store or manually install them?

I'm running a Dell XPS 13 with Clover and MacOS 10.12 Sierra that's mostly working fine. But I'm trying to install the 10.12.1 beta to see if it helps with the keyboard fn key issues.

I've had issues in the past on Yosemite trying to install software updates from the App Store (my laptop restarts after downloading the update, but it doesn't actually install anything), and I had to go in to /Library/Updates and manually install the FirmwareUpdate and SoftwareUpdate packages. But with Public Beta 5, when I go to install the packages manually, it says that "The package requires additional components and cannot be installed independently."

Does anyone have any idea as to how I can either make the software updates work from the App Store or manually install them?

From where did you download macOS?

First from the App Store, then I tried the direct links to PB5, both have the same issue.

There are no "direct links to PB5". Updating is done via the App Store after signing up for the beta (beta.apple.com).

There are no "direct links to PB5". Updating is done via the App Store after signing up for the beta (beta.apple.com).
First I enrolled for the beta and tried updating from the App Store, and my laptop just restarted and didn't install anything. Then, I went to /Library/Updates and tried running the packages directly from there, and I got the aforementioned error. Third time, I downloaded the files linked here (thinking maybe the download was corrupted), and I tried updating again both from the App Store and manually, and I had the same issues.

First I enrolled for the beta and tried updating from the App Store, and my laptop just restarted and didn't install anything. Then, I went to /Library/Updates and tried running the packages directly from there, and I got the aforementioned error. Third time, I downloaded the files linked here (thinking maybe the download was corrupted), and I tried updating again both from the App Store and manually, and I had the same issues.

Perhaps your setup is wrong and your laptop is crashing during shutdown.
The update should start with a "half shutdown" to black screen with Apple logo and a progress indication.

Last edited:
The update should start with a "half shutdown" to black screen with Apple logo and a progress indication.
On my setup (XPS 13, Sierra), this seems to be working (about 1/4 of the way through), I'll report back!
EDIT: It worked fine! Only thing is I've lost WiFi, I saw a patch the other day for this but sadly I can't find it. Also, volume keys actually work now, that's quite nice :)

Last edited:
On my setup (XPS 13, Sierra), this seems to be working (about 1/4 of the way through), I'll report back!
EDIT: It worked fine! Only thing is I've lost WiFi, I saw a patch the other day for this but sadly I can't find it. Also, volume keys actually work now, that's quite nice :)
So I tried using the same DSDT patches that you've used on your 9350, but for whatever reason, whenever I try to install a Software Update from the App Store, when the laptop restarts the bar will get to about 20% and then restart without installing any update :\ Normal restarts and shut downs work fine, but maybe there's something wrong with my Clover set up that's preventing the Software Updates from installing properly.

I installed this kext from 10.12.1 and it fixed my FN keys issue.

Attachments

• IOHIDFamily.kext.zip
    351.5 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back