Graphics
HD 7970 x2
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I would appreciate some help from the clover pros. I’ve dragged myself, kicking and screaming, into the clover side of things because the handwriting on the wall seems to indicate that this is the future of Hackintoshing. I felt pretty comfortable and confident in the Unibeast and Multibeast way of doing things and I have benefited greatly by all the hard work in the community. I’m sure with some research, discipline, and dedication clover will too become familiar. But for now I would like some assistance.

Here Goes:

I was able to successfully install OS X 10.11 on an external USB3 Hdd using the Unibeast 6.0 for testing purposes. I felt like it was stable enough to advance to installing on an internal SSD which I successfully did and used Migration Assistant to move all my apps and files from my 10.10.5 SSD. Here is a list of things that I have not gotten right and would like some help:

SMBIOS - I’m not sure how but I got iMac late 2012 as the system def (13,2)
Shut down - Computer shuts down completely and then 5 seconds later boots up again.
2 USB2 ports - on front of case don’t work
Power management - Doesn’t work properly. There are only two states and doesn't recognize my OC in the BIOS.
HD7970 - Not listed in System info properly. (see attached photos)

Here are some things that are working to my delight! I had given up hope on these ever working again.

iMessages
Facetime
Sleep and Wake

I tried to edit the SMBIOS in Clover configured but I couldn’t figure out where the Config file should go that I created. I’m sure that would be an easy suggestion for someone to give me. In the past I have used Mac 5,1 because my HD7970’s gpu’s suffered with the standard Mac Pro 3,1. They seem to be working good with the SMBIOS iMac 13,2 so should I worry about them not being reported correctly?

Thank you all for all your hard work on answering the questions here on the site and for making these tools and knowledge possible.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 10.21.18 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 10.21.18 PM.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 225
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 10.22.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 10.22.20 PM.png
    480.3 KB · Views: 221
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 10.23.39 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 10.23.39 PM.png
    729.6 KB · Views: 146
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 11.19.03 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-04 at 11.19.03 PM.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 12.12.25 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2015-10-05 at 12.12.25 AM.jpg
    241 KB · Views: 153
SMBIOS - I’m not sure how but I got iMac late 2012 as the system def (13,2)
Shut down - Computer shuts down completely and then 5 seconds later boots up again.
2 USB2 ports - on front of case don’t work
Power management - Doesn’t work properly. There are only two states and doesn't recognize my OC in the BIOS.
HD7970 - Not listed in System info properly. (see attached photos)

iMac13,2 best fits your CPU type

USB problem there are about 83019 other posts out there for you to hunt for a solution.

PM - read this carefully http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...vericks-native-cpu-igpu-power-management.html

Thank you, Amylowellow, for the quick reply.

I figured out my "reboot after shutdown" issue. Pretty much the case of the bad USB peripheral...
I also kept reading on the site and found out the 7xxx system def doesn't seem to be anything to worry about as long as everything is functioning and as far as I can tell it is.

"83019 other [USB] posts" Ugggggg! Was hoping someone had a quick fix on the same MOBO... I'll keep looking.

And PM... Ah yes... A toledo manual... I was hoping to avoid such light bedtime reading... Haha (no offense Toledo)

Well it's off for some more head cramming...

Thank you, Amylowellow, for the quick reply.

I figured out my "reboot after shutdown" issue. Pretty much the case of the bad USB peripheral...
I also kept reading on the site and found out the 7xxx system def doesn't seem to be anything to worry about as long as everything is functioning and as far as I can tell it is.

"83019 other [USB] posts" Ugggggg! Was hoping someone had a quick fix on the same MOBO... I'll keep looking.

And PM... Ah yes... A toledo manual... I was hoping to avoid such light bedtime reading... Haha (no offense Toledo)

Well it's off for some more head cramming...

Hi.

I run the same mobo. First I couldn't reach the installation screen. So I had to search for problems and issues. I figured out that my graka (570GTX) is making some trouble but couldn't reach the screen with the nv_disable=1 flag. Searched more and more und found a hint in this post -> http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ga-z77x-up5-partially-solved.html#post1115070 I downloaded the EFI part from the github site https://github.com/theracermaster/Gigabyte-GA-Z77X-DSDT-Patch/wiki/2.-Creating-an-OS-X-Installer-USB replaced it in the USB-EFI partition and could install the hole system. After the installation I put the EFI stuff from the USB-Stick to the EFI-Partition on my SSD. Configured the config.plist with the Clover Configurator and everything works with the motherboard.

Oh, but I run the system with the MacPro3,1 because there is just a i7-2600k on the board.

Hope something helps for you an your USB problem.
Maybe you can write more about your way to reach the installation screen. Which flags did you use? For me it was the first time to use clover. Didn't have so many problems with OS X 10.8. Multibeast and 10.8 works like a charm with my combination of hardware. Just builded the USB, hit the flag pcirootid1, installed, run Multibeast with not dsdt and everything worked like out of the box.

(sry for my english I am not a native speaker)

The first step for CPU power management is to run ssdtPRGen.sh and move the resulting ~/Library/ssdtPRGen/SSDT.aml to EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ and remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext or cpus=1 if you are using them. You might need to use some extra parameters to configure your overclock; I don't have experience with that.

The clover config.plist location is discussed in the big list of solutions.

If you still want to change your SMBIOS, start Clover Configurator, open the config.plist at the location from above, go to SMBIOS and use the magic wand and select the machine and then revision and click each shake button a few times to generate a serial number. Then Save and (assuming you opened the right one to begin with) you should be good.

For the USB issue, patching your DSDT is one option. Using kexts to reassign ports is another. We did these for a different board (GA-H87N-WIFI) here and here -- your specifics might be different but the procedures would be similar. If neither of those works for you, it's off for a little light reading.

I have no Radeon experience.

If you still need help, give us an update as to where you're at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back