Contribute
Register

10.11.4+ Skylake Starter Guide

Any thoughts on whether it is worth using iMac17,1 definition vs MacPro3,1? The iMac one seems to be working fine, though there are sound pops after a while.
With a proper SSDT in place for my CPU, maybe MacPro3,1 would work better?

Thanks!

Hi, I try to my GTX 660 on my new Skylake system. But I cant never boot. Apple Logo and loading bar coming after that nothing happened. No desktop. I tried the boot in verbose mode but nothing stuck on anywhere. I didnt install NVIDIA Web Drivers 'cause normally no need to Web Drivers for this card. But Skylake is different system maybe I need it!

In BIOS I tried as a Primary PEG and PCIE. Always same thing happend. As I know in haswell my card working with Graphics Enabler=No. I already disabled in config.plist. I dont have any boot agrument on config.plist.

is this card work with in Skylake?
What can I try?
Should I need it to Web Drivers?
do I need to add any boot agrument for this card?

My Spec is;
Asus Z170-A
El Capitan 10.11.5

1. Create a new entry pointing to '\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI' (I used EasyUEFI on Windows)
  2. Rename '/EFI/BOOT' to '/EFI/BOOT.disabled'
See this thread for further details. Good Luck!

Hey! Thanks I have it all working now. I found a good guide in the TESTING THREAD: SKYLAKE. Someone should make it it's own post because it's really burried in that thread and very helpful. It's on Page 42.

Hi, I try to my GTX 660 on my new Skylake system. But I cant never boot. Apple Logo and loading bar coming after that nothing happened. No desktop. I tried the boot in verbose mode but nothing stuck on anywhere. I didnt install NVIDIA Web Drivers 'cause normally no need to Web Drivers for this card. But Skylake is different system maybe I need it!

In BIOS I tried as a Primary PEG and PCIE. Always same thing happend. As I know in haswell my card working with Graphics Enabler=No. I already disabled in config.plist. I dont have any boot agrument on config.plist.

is this card work with in Skylake?
What can I try?
Should I need it to Web Drivers?
do I need to add any boot agrument for this card?

My Spec is;
Asus Z170-A
El Capitan 10.11.5

Yo dawg, If it's what I think it is, you gotta go into your Clover Configurator on your boot stick and select nv_disable=1 if you have your card installed. I don't think you need this selected if you boot with your card removed. If you do it with the card removed you don't need that selected and then don't install the card until you installed your drivers. I did it with the boot argument selected. Once you have your drivers installed I deselected nv_disable=1 and selected nvda_drv=1. If this isn't what you were talking about then disregard.

Any thoughts on whether it is worth using iMac17,1 definition vs MacPro3,1? The iMac one seems to be working fine, though there are sound pops after a while.
With a proper SSDT in place for my CPU, maybe MacPro3,1 would work better?

Thanks!
The iMac17,1 benchmarks quite a bit faster for me.

To fix the sound, add to config.plist:
Code:
<key>CPU</key>
    <dict>
        <key>UseARTFrequency</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Thanks so much for this guide! I'm following this thread and, using its tips, FINALLY got my new MSI Z170A-G45 Gaming motherboard with 6700k processor working. It's finicky though, and I'm encountering roadblocks at every step.

First question: I've got 4 x 16GB chips of RAM in there, but About This Mac only shows 32GB total. So I know I have to follow your instructions on editing the config. In your suggested code you include this twice:

Code:
                <dict>
                    <key>Frequency</key>
                    <integer>2133</integer>
                    <key>Part</key>
                    <string>CT2C8G4DFD8213</string>
                    <key>Serial</key>
                    <string>0200020B000C020B</string>
                    <key>Size</key>
                    <string>8192</string>
                    <key>Slot</key>
                    <integer>2</integer>
                    <key>Type</key>
                    <string>DDR4</string>
                    <key>Vendor</key>
                    <string>Crucial</string>
                </dict>

so am I right in assuming, in my case, I should copy and paste this 4x, and should I change the Size string to 16384?

Are any of the other things important, like Frequency? Do I have to update them too?

Great guide!! Thanks a lot. I was pissed off by the wake/sleep issue due to AppleIntelE1000e
for a long time on my ASUS Z170m-plus and now I know what I should do. Thanks again!!!!

Good guide.

Only issue I have is with sound. I have a gigabyte GA-z170x-ud5 and i7 6700k on it. My case is a Corsair 300r and I want to use the head phone jack from the front.

As for the motherboard, UM said the front has to be connected to the audio header on the board which uses a intel HD audio and AC'97.

First I gotta get sound working because the back panel isn't either, but I've made progress so far today at at least getting the drivers right.

Before and after picture uploaded.

UPdate:

Got it to work. Needed to run clover config, mount the EFI and run audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0r10.command

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 1.11.12 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-29 at 1.11.12 PM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 462
  • Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 11.42.54 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-05-30 at 11.42.54 AM.png
    1,006.9 KB · Views: 484
Last edited:
Back