Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I installed El Capitan 10.11 originally and it was a simple installation and i eventually got everything to work with WiFi being the only non-working piece of hardware. However, when OS X 10.11.3 was released I applied the update thinking that it would be a simple update and that I would only need to fix audio and maybe a graphics kext. I was mistaken and after the update I was left with my current error. I boot into Clover using the boot menu and I select my OS X partition pressing the space bar to load in verbose mode and it quickly does the "Osxaptio-64.... Hibernate: no......." screen. Quickly after it simply restarts to the Lenovo UEFI screen with the Windows loading dots and Windows boots since it is my default boot option.

At first I thought I completely screwed the installation so I just logged into Windows and backed up the stuff I had on the HFS+J partition. (Paragon has an HFS+ driver for Windows 10 with read/write support)

I reinstalled using the vanilla method that I always use with the exception of using a 10.11.3 Install OS X El Capitan app store installer this time around. I placed HFSPlus.efi in the drivers64UEFI folder and placed FakeSMC.kext in the kexts/Other and kexts/10.11 folders. I also placed Rehabman's Synaptics touchpad kext in those folders because I hate having to use a USB mouse to navigate through the installer. Everything loaded correctly and I quickly was able to boot the installer. After getting through the initial installation (after the USB installer) I went to boot into my HDD installation and what do you know I still have the same error as before.

It's the same error as this guy (https://www.******.com/r/hackintosh/comments/3q31wt/clover_reboot_loop_booting_in_to_installer/).

Resetting BIOS options did not work. I am on a Lenovo Yoga 2 13-inch Laptop. I've gotten through Yosemite installs and updates, El Capitan upgrades and now this update has made me run into a brick wall.

(Haswell i5-4200U, 4GB RAM, OS X on a 500GB SATA HDD formatted as HFS+J and GPT, Windows 10 on an 64GB M.2 SSD also as GPT)

I removed my DSDT, SSDTs, even used the HD4400 config.plist from Rehabman's repository and still it does the the behavior. It used to work perfectly on 10.11.0 with audio, touchpad, EAPD, graphics, power management, battery percentage, brightness, function keys, and USB WiFi all working great. I even had FaceTime, iMessage, and the App Store working using the nullEthernet kext and making it en0 and the USB WiFi en1l. I had a valid serial, correct SMBIOS and everything. :(

I regret even taking the update in the first place now.

Right now I have narrowed it down to the fact that Clover cannot find the default boot volume or something. OS X is on the second primary partition on the 500GB HDD and it is 60GB in size. The first partition is 405GB in size and that is where I store all of my extra things that do not fit on my 64GB SSD. The third partition is an unknown 613MB partition and the fourth partition is 462MB in size and is my EFI partition which has the identifier SYSTEM_DRV. The Windows UEFI bootloader is also located in this EFI partition. The SSD does not have an EFI partition at all and I know this because I accidentally formatted the HDD and it was a completely unallocated disk and Windows wouldn't boot. I recreated the EFI partition and installed all of the files using the Windows recovery tools and CMD commands and it works again.

I installed El Capitan 10.11 originally and it was a simple installation and i eventually got everything to work with WiFi being the only non-working piece of hardware. However, when OS X 10.11.3 was released I applied the update thinking that it would be a simple update and that I would only need to fix audio and maybe a graphics kext. I was mistaken and after the update I was left with my current error. I boot into Clover using the boot menu and I select my OS X partition pressing the space bar to load in verbose mode and it quickly does the "Osxaptio-64.... Hibernate: no......." screen. Quickly after it simply restarts to the Lenovo UEFI screen with the Windows loading dots and Windows boots since it is my default boot option.

Boot verbose, show photo. Post EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Attachments

• Clover.zip
    3 MB · Views: 114
  • 10.11_Boot.jpg
    10.11_Boot.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 157
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back