Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have been a strong advocate for doing the USB SSDT, and I've now experienced how powerfully effective it is. It was also less complicated than I thought it would be. I couldn't be happier.

@WedgeTail

I have a Z270 Gaming ITX motherboard. Not dissimilar to your Z270 Extreme4. I wonder if you could post your SSDT-USB.dsl, and share your experience? Thanks in advance.

@WedgeTail

I have a Z270 Gaming ITX motherboard. Not dissimilar to your Z270 Extreme4. I wonder if you could post your SSDT-USB.dsl, and share your experience? Thanks in advance.

Certainly, Tecemac. First, some background.

The Z2704 has two USB 3.0 headers next to the ATX power socket. Apparently these come from a USB 3.0 hub and I use one for two connectors on a PCI bracket in the I/O panel and the other for the two front panel USB slots on my case. Devices on any of those connectors share single USB ports, HS06 (port 06 00 00 00) and SS05 (port 15 00 00 00).

Also, the USB 3,1 gen 2 i/O panel A and C ports aren't in the I/O Registry Explorer XHC USB list. They show under RP01@1C/IOPP/PXSX, whatever that is.

I use a 7-port TP-LINK hub for all my basic I/O devices (keyboard, Logitech webcam, scanner, printer, and any other occasional need). That reduces my USB port requirements. There are quite a number of USB 2 and USB 3 ports that have no connectors on this board -- HS12-14 and SS7-10.

So I end up needing only 8 USB 2.0 ports and 6 USB 3.0 ports, a total of 14. However, when I didn't have a USB SSDT I had a number of USB problems. For example, when I tried to update from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6, using the PMHeart 10.13.6+ USB patch, I lost all my USB 3 devices (they were OK on 10.13.5 with PMHeart 10.13.4+ patch). I'm sure other problems I've had came for USB. Anyway, because I need only 14 ports, I don't need a uia_exclude statement.

A couple of points about the .DSL creation. Ammulder's guide is very clear and straight forward, and the dsl template makes editing it simple -- you just have to take care with your additions. Then other thing is that at the top of the template, just before the "port-count" line, there is:
// XHC overrides for 100-series boards
"8086_a12f", Package()
As you can see above, Pastrychef advised me where to find the proper code for my board, which is 'a2af' which you'll see in my DSL.

Let me know if you have any questions or issues.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB.dsl
    4.3 KB · Views: 169
I successfully made the SSDT file for Gigabyte Z170 Ultra Gaming, in case anyone needs it.

In order to have 15 ports enabled, I removed the ones in the USB3 header I can confirm it works like a charm.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-UG.dsl
    4.7 KB · Views: 137
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back