Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am about to attempt to create a SSDT for the USB ports on my Asus Z170i-Pro Gaming and I have a question. I used Multibeast to install the Increase USB Max Port for 100 series but all my ports are not working. I have 4 3.0 USB ports not working. DO the ports need top be working for me to make this attempt. Thx.

I am about to attempt to create a SSDT for the USB ports on my Asus Z170i-Pro Gaming and I have a question. I used Multibeast to install the Increase USB Max Port for 100 series but all my ports are not working. I have 4 3.0 USB ports not working. DO the ports need top be working for me to make this attempt. Thx.

You need them to be working so that you can map them out.

Thx. Gotta figure out what I'm doing wrong then.

Do you have USBInjectAll.kext installed?

If you have the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming (Mini ITX) motherboard, don't worry about finding the right ports. You can just use these, I have the same motherboard. You're welcome! :)

Attachments

• ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - USB SSDT.txt
    946 bytes · Views: 161
  • SSDT-USB-Z170I-ProGaming.aml
    697 bytes · Views: 290
Do you have USBInjectAll.kext installed?

If you have the ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming (Mini ITX) motherboard, don't worry about finding the right ports. You can just use these, I have the same motherboard. You're welcome! :)
Thank you for the SSDT. I figured out the problem. I didn't have the USBInjectAll.kext installed properly. I now have all ports working. I will try 1st to make the SSDT. If not Ill try the one you provided. Do your USB 3.1 (Gen2) work as well?

Thank you for the SSDT. I figured out the problem. I didn't have the USBInjectAll.kext installed properly. I now have all ports working. I will try 1st to make the SSDT. If not Ill try the one you provided. Do your USB 3.1 (Gen2) work as well?

I don’t know, I never tried them.

An alternative to excluding USB ports is to document the ports you have in actual use/connected and only inject them. Many Asus boards have ASMedia ports which can be serviced by GenericUSBXHCI.kext that are excluded from Apple's port limit.
So does this mean if you inject only the ports you need with the SSDT, and the number is 15 or less, that you do not need to exclude any with UIA_exclude?
Thanks

So does this mean if you inject only the ports you need with the SSDT, and the number is 15 or less, that you do not need to exclude any with UIA_exclude?
Thanks
yep

Thanks

Yes. If it is any help I have attached my ssdt. Hopefully it will help when you do your own.

Attachments

• ssdt-usb.aml
    656 bytes · Views: 313
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back