Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you expand this, what do you mean with "only inject them". Inject in Clover and not use an SSDT? Thanks.
Document the ports you actually have and inject them via SSDT. Example here Post#1 for my Asus Z170 Deluxe.

Can someone tell me what happens if you leave the ports over 15 by not going through all these steps? I did the multibeast usb3.0/max port limit patch. I got my USB 3.0 working. I just haven't seen exactly what the issue is with being more than 15. Thx.

Can someone tell me what happens if you leave the ports over 15 by not going through all these steps? I did the multibeast usb3.0/max port limit patch. I got my USB 3.0 working. I just haven't seen exactly what the issue is with being more than 15. Thx.

I am a newbie with this Hackintosh stuff. Since I couldn't upgrade to Sierra with my Mid-2008 Mac Pro I decided to give this a try. Besides, it is a great retirement hobby. I want to thank all of contributors, without which I would have gotten nowhere. Anyway, I actually do have an answer for you....

I was perplexed that I would get everything working great and then the next day my Finder and all apps would slow to an unusable laggy speed. I would remove all cards and reset my memory without success. I then would start the install again from scratch and it would work fine. Again within 24 hours it would slow down.

Finally, when I started reading about the unintended consequences for having too many USB ports I thought, "hum, maybe this will help." It was quite a learning curve and hours to grasp. Finally, after muddling my way through everything I ending up disabling 12 ports to get my tower to use only 15 ports.(uia_exclude=HS03;HS04;HS07;HS08;HS11;HS12;SS07;SS08;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2). My computers has worked well (except for iMessage, which is not big deal to me) for 3 days now. I am not saying that is the problem that happens with everyone, but it happened with me. Keep in mind that some people setup a mini unit that may not have more than 15 USB ports in total.

Anyway, you can stop reading now, unless you want to hear some funny and frustrating events that happened.
1. I got everything to work again and was so excited telling my wife all about it - yeh right, she was considerate and listened, but I doubt she understood a word (except the word "computer"). The next day the slowdown/lag happened again - I was so depressed. I was about to give up, but decided to check everything again. It turned out that I put a colon : iinstead of a semi-colon ; in between two ports in my "uia_exclude" list. Once I fixed that everything was fine. The slowness/lagginess was immediately fixed. :)))))
2. The next morning my wife woke me up at 4:30am to inform me of a constant beeping sound that was coming from my computer. I thought, "not again, what now????" Turns out it was the Raid system alarm I had set, notifying me that one of the 4 drives in my RAID setup had gone bad. I was never so happy to have a hard drive go bad ;)

Last edited:
So this causes laggy computer but might not cause crashes when playing games?

I can't answer that for you. All I know is how it effected my build.

Skylake Starter Guide

I am only getting 10 USB ports showing up on IORegistry explorer and none of them are super speed when my board has USB3, i am on a z170X Gaming 7 board from Gigabyte... Have i missed something?

Hi there. Did you manage to get your USB 3.0 ports working at USB 3 speeds in the end? Because I'm experiencing the same exact issue, on a similar motherboard here (ga-z170x gaming 3).

I used usb 3.0 from start, even for boot and installation of osx. I used all fixes and patches from the guide and it works perfect. As I said only one port does not work and that is usb 3.1 port (work as speed usb 2.0) if you have exact same build even same motherboard, I can send you the efi folder from efi partition. Pm me your email.

Hello there! I have a very similar motherboard. Everything else is working, however unfortunately all of my USB 3.0 ports only working at the slower 2.0 speed. So it would really help to compare my EFI folder against your one. If its not too much trouble, can we do this? Please to email me a copy of your clover EFI folder as ZIP. Or upload it (to somewhere like dropbox etc). Many thanks in advance if you can do this. My email address is listed on my github profile page (username 'dreamcat4').

I also saw some other users with this same trouble / issue for the USB 3.0 speed. We all have these similar Gigabyte Z170 boards. So if I can find any solution, then it helps them too. Kind Regards.

unfortunately all of my USB 3.0 ports only working at the slower 2.0 speed.

Sorry nevermind, problem solved. Because testing with 'dd' command on /dev/disk is very bad performance. Instead must use /dev/rdisk.... The USB 3.0 was working fine actually. Many thanks for joevt (on other thread), who pointed that out to me.

Hi there. Did you manage to get your USB 3.0 ports working at USB 3 speeds in the end? Because I'm experiencing the same exact issue, on a similar motherboard here (ga-z170x gaming 3).

and

unfortunately all of my USB 3.0 ports only working at the slower 2.0 speed.

@ThePsyion @paulkol sorry nevermind. Is OK now.

Its because had been testing on 'dd' command with /dev/disk which is very poor performance. Instead, /dev/rdisk is the correct block device to use in osx... So actually the USB 3.0 ports are all working fine. And at the full usb 3 speeds. No problems. Many thanks to @joevt (in other thread), for explaining that.

As I said only one port does not work and that is usb 3.1 port (work as speed usb 2.0).

Actually the USB 3.1 (alpine ridge chip) works fine now in Sierra 10.12.3. And at the full USB 3.1 speeds (for USB devices). Only thunderbolt 3 has some hotplug issue still.

Skylake Starter Guide

Why don't you post the whole config.plist file and a photo of the text on the screen just before the reboot.

Edit: also, you shouldn't have only 10.11/ and Other/ -- either you should have 10.10/ and 10.11/ with copies of all kexts in both, or you should have only Other/ with all kexts just in there.

Edit2: You can remove all three network kexts. I'm pretty sure your board has Intel i219 Ethernet which is not supported yet. Removing the kexts will just eliminate them as a possible cause for any problems.
Hi I HAVE REPLACED MY ID WITH 0x19120000 BUT THAN THIS SCREEN APPEARED HOW I CAN SOLVE IT? MABYE THE HDMI CABLE

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 136
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back