Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

Nope. I can´t, just stucks at loading. Tried everything in BIOS:

- AHCI mode
- IOAPIC 24-119 entries Disabled
- secureboot to otheros
- VT-d disabled
- CFG-Lock ( this I can´t find it inside my BIOS)

also, I tried access OS X installer in all modes. Stuck at 0%. Dunno what im doing wrong.

TY jrpjrp btw :) for ur time!

What bios version You have? I use now 1402 but newest is 1602 (should work too).

Install:

1. Create bootable USB drive with Unibeast.app
(SMBIOS should be Mac Pro 3.1. I use first iMac17,1 but need change that later because video card don't work with that)
2. Download EFI Mounter v3.app and mount USB drive EFI partition
3. Open: EFI ->CLOVER -> config.plist (use TextEdit.app)
4. Make IOAPIC Fix (screenshot my config.plist is attached)
IOAPIC.png
5. Start install (remove videocard and use Integrated graphic)
6. When install done: Mount "Mac HDD" EFI partition.
7. Replace config.plist file in CLOVER folder (Use same config.plist file what You use in USB drive)
8. Unplug USB drive (otherwise system load EFI in USB on next start)
9. Restart machine (If start, install was ok)
10. Download newest nVidia Web Driver (I use at the moment version 346.03.05f01) and install
11. Open nVidia Driver Manager on System settings and choose OS X Default Graphics Driver
12. Shut down and install Video Card
13. Restart machine (video cable still connect motherboard HDMI)
14. Open nVidia Driver Manager on System settings and choose NVIDIA Web Driver
15. Shut down and change video cable to Video card
16. Start machine

I hope remember video card install order right.

After that You must fix Sound, Bluetooth, USB...

My english is not very good, but hope You understand something what I write.

Skylake Starter Guide

Found something that doesn't work with the iMac 17,1 SMBIOS: dual monitors, at least not on my GTX 970. When booting with both monitors connected in any combination of ports (DVI, HDMI, DP with both active and passive adapters), the system would black out before the login screen and then reboot. Switching back to the 14,1 system definition made things behave again.

Skylake Starter Guide

Found something that doesn't work with the iMac 17,1 SMBIOS: dual monitors, at least not on my GTX 970. When booting with both monitors connected in any combination of ports (DVI, HDMI, DP with both active and passive adapters), the system would black out before the login screen and then reboot. Switching back to the 14,1 system definition made things behave again.

I'm running dual monitors (Dual-link DVI + DP)(2x 2560x1440p) with a 17,2 def and GTX 980 Ti.

Skylake Starter Guide

17,2? I didn't even know that was a possibility.

I saw your post just now about having the CSM turned on or flashing a UEFI bios to the card for 4K support—do you think that's worth a shot in this kind of setup? EVGA hasn't publicly released a newer bios for my model card (04G-P4-3975-KR), but there does appear to be one available on overclock.net in this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1573148/evga-gtx-970-ssc-gaming-acx-2-0-2-0-ftw-2-0-custom-uefi-firmware

Edit: I see, those are overclocked VBIOS ROMs with different power and fan curves. Looks like my model card already has UEFI support in the stock BIOS. Good to know about at least.

Skylake Starter Guide

If anyone has Asus H170 Pro Gaming Mobo working and can share SSDT, I would appreciate it. My alternate method would be to try Asus Z170 SSDT on the original post to see if the USB ports that I care about would work. Thanks.

Skylake Starter Guide

17,2? I didn't even know that was a possibility.

I saw your post just now about having the CSM turned on or flashing a UEFI bios to the card for 4K support—do you think that's worth a shot in this kind of setup? EVGA hasn't publicly released a newer bios for my model card (04G-P4-3975-KR), but there does appear to be one available on overclock.net in this thread: http://www.overclock.net/t/1573148/evga-gtx-970-ssc-gaming-acx-2-0-2-0-ftw-2-0-custom-uefi-firmware

Edit: I see, those are overclocked VBIOS ROMs with different power and fan curves. Looks like my model card already has UEFI support in the stock BIOS. Good to know about at least.

Whoops I'm sorry I'm using 17,1 but 17,2 does exist (It is using a Core i5 6600, but I changed mine back because of some other stuff with already having ROM MLB and so on setup for 17,1)

Are you using 4K monitors? I'm using 2x 1440p monitors, so that may be the problem...

Does it work with a single monitor on 17,1?

EDIT: Yeah 900 series should not be a problem, as those already support UEFI (And I'm pretty sure they also support BIOS employing some weird magic, which I haven't read up on.) The reason that older cards does not support UEFI out of the box is (from my understanding, and by talking to a support rep from the manufacture of my old card) that they do not have the space for the dual BIOS/UEFI stuff as UEFI wasn't really common back when those cards were released.

Skylake Starter Guide

17,1 works fine with a single monitor and the board-ix patch in Clover. I'm only using 1080p displays which makes it all the more confusing. Originally I thought it was the cabling (I posted in the Graphics forum about that) but after hooking up my monitors in a bunch of different ways I would always get the reset if they were both connected at boot.

(Combinations I tried: 2x DP -> HDMI passive, 2x DP -> HDMI active, HDMI + DP-HDMI passive, HDMI + DP-HDMI active, DVI + DP-HDMI active, DVI + HDMI)

My best guess is that there's something else going on in the AppleGraphicsControl kext aside from the EDID injection, since it happens at about the same time as the "regular" black screen would occur.

The only other relevant setting I can think of is that I have IGP disabled in the BIOS.

EDIT: I attached my config.plists for 14,1 and 17,1, maybe someone can see if there's secret sauce I'm missing.

Attachments

• config-141.plist
    7.9 KB · Views: 105
  • config-171.plist
    8 KB · Views: 258
Skylake Starter Guide

Hey,

I am very new to hackintosh, more specifically I am only in the installing process of OSX.
My build is:
Gigabyte Z170M D3H
I5 6600K
Gigabyte GTX 960

I have created a bootable USB with Unibeast on a mac and after it boots and then I select external for the usb in the menu, I get the following screen:
And after this the the installation process stops, the bar doesn't even start loading and doesn't do anything. Left it over night, by morning it was still the same. I have never done a hackintosh before, this is my first time, so i don't know what i need to do at this moment.

Thanks for any replies!

Last edited by a moderator:
Skylake Starter Guide

17,1 works fine with a single monitor and the board-ix patch in Clover. I'm only using 1080p displays which makes it all the more confusing. Originally I thought it was the cabling (I posted in the Graphics forum about that) but after hooking up my monitors in a bunch of different ways I would always get the reset if they were both connected at boot.

(Combinations I tried: 2x DP -> HDMI passive, 2x DP -> HDMI active, HDMI + DP-HDMI passive, HDMI + DP-HDMI active, DVI + DP-HDMI active, DVI + HDMI)

My best guess is that there's something else going on in the AppleGraphicsControl kext aside from the EDID injection, since it happens at about the same time as the "regular" black screen would occur.

The only other relevant setting I can think of is that I have IGP disabled in the BIOS.

EDIT: I attached my config.plists for 14,1 and 17,1, maybe someone can see if there's secret sauce I'm missing.

Ah I've had that exact problem!

There is a problem on my machine (not sure if others are affected), where using the idx patch stopped my secondary monitor from working and even invoked a reboot. Use the specific (config2 to none) patch in the AppleGraphicsControl plist file instead.

It does not work optimally, as I'm unable to change my wallpapers unless I turn off "Displays have separate spaces", which I suspect is caused by something else in the iMac 17,1 config (I haven't tested other smbios as I don't need that feature anyway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back