Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

Did you install HWMonitor and the plugins with Multibeast ? Is it possible to install a specific plugin only ?

Didn't install anything with Multibeast ... (Sorry!) ... I downloaded it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/hwsensors/

Yes, you can select specific plug-ins ... but try the complete package first – you can delete them later on.

By the way, I found no difference in functionality by placing either FakeSMC.kext WITH INCLUDED plug-ins, or the plug-ins as separate kexts in /EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts or in /S/L/E ... all variants had the same effect. (As long as the versions were the same!)
But still the proper way is probably in /S/L/E and everything in the FakeSMC.kext.

Skylake Starter Guide

I'm sorry, I'm not sure exactly what you're saying. First it was broken, then everything was working, and now it's not? If that's right, what did you do since it was working?

I haven't seen that specific error before where you get a bunch of IGPU lines on the screen but graphics doesn't start. Do you want to post your config.plist for review?

Correct! All i did since it was working was adding these two line to the Graphics section of my config.plist:
I can post the whole config when i get home.
Code:
[COLOR=#000000]<key>ig-platform-id</key>
[/COLOR][COLOR=#000000]<string>19120000</string>[/COLOR]

Skylake Starter Guide

Correct! All i did since it was working was adding these two line to the Graphics section of my config.plist:
I can post the whole config when i get home.
Code:
<key>ig-platform-id</key>
<string>19120000</string>

You need it to be:
Code:
<string>0x19120000</string>

Skylake Starter Guide

You need it to be:
Code:
<string>0x19120000</string>
Same effect, gets stuck again at the same point.

Skylake Starter Guide

Same effect, gets stuck again at the same point.

Are you're sure you're booting from the drive with that config.plist on the EFI partition at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist? It might be worth using your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device to be sure (and from that menu select the UEFI:... entry corresponding to the drive you're trying to boot from).

As I said, that's a new error to me, so I don't have a lot else to suggest yet.

Skylake Starter Guide

Are you're sure you're booting from the drive with that config.plist on the EFI partition at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist? It might be worth using your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device to be sure (and from that menu select the UEFI:... entry corresponding to the drive you're trying to boot from).

As I said, that's a new error to me, so I don't have a lot else to suggest yet.

Im sure but no worries my build works with some screen tearing, for now its no biggie.
Tnx for the help anyway! I'm gonna buy a dedicated GPU when my salary arrives :D

Skylake Starter Guide

I tried 10.11.4 beta 2 but it didn't make any difference to the odd GPHX issues i had but it didn't make any differences.
I tried the Nvidia Alternative drivers but they cause OSX to reboot, may they don't work for my older GTX 260.
Just now i updated the Bios from A60 to A70 and now Safari and the App store are working???
So i can report a 100% success and just need to run it now for stability :)

Thanks for you help

Skylake Starter Guide

Hi,
i just finished installing my first hackintosh.
Mobo: Z170mx Gaming 5
CPU: 6600k
Graphics: GTX 970
16 (2x8) GB RipjawsV

I reinstalled about 15 times only to realize that the main problem was a DVI-A to VGA adapter.

working so far:
Boot times and performance are very good.
GTX 970 runs smoothly with the latest web drivers.
Onboard E2200
Appstore

What still causes a some headaches:
I only managed to install the GPU-,LPC, and ACPI sensor kext for HWmonitor in /clover/kexts/others/
I tired with the CPU kext. But that causes a crash during boot

Sound is not working after sleep
iMessage - log's in but displays contacts as "not registered for iMessage"

Installing clover on the hard drive causes weird UEFI partitions to show up in BIOS and replace the boot option every single time i boot. - i managed to get around that with installing clover on a USB stick.

EDIT: could fix all the issues with HWmonitor and iMessage.
Sound still gone after sleep

Skylake Starter Guide

I have a complete port mapping for the GA-Z170X-UD3 motherboard, if you want to add it to the list.

Attachments

• SSDT-USB-GA-Z170X-UD3.aml
    888 bytes · Views: 105
  • SSDT-USB-GA-Z170X-UD3.dsl
    5.6 KB · Views: 102
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back