Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

If it was a MBCT message, you probably just need to boot with nv_disable=1. If it was a Bluetooth kernel panic, that's been discussed in this very thread, so just work back a page at a time until you get there.

Using boot flags is covered in the big list of solutions.

Skylake Starter Guide

If it was a MBCT message, you probably just need to boot with nv_disable=1. If it was a Bluetooth kernel panic, that's been discussed in this very thread, so just work back a page at a time until you get there.

Using boot flags is covered in the big list of solutions.

Thanks for the input. I am using the injectallUSB kext with the config.pilst fix for it from page 1
See the screen shot.It's not clear what exactly its hanging on now as there are several lines after the Bluetooth one

thanks

Attachments

• boot error.jpg
    boot error.jpg
    635.1 KB · Views: 132
Skylake Starter Guide

Thanks for the input. I am using the injectallUSB kext with the config.pilst fix for it from page 1
See the screen shot.It's not clear what exactly its hanging on now as there are several lines after the Bluetooth one

That looks like a failure to start graphics, and if you're using the GTX 260 then I would expect nv_disable=1 to resolve it.

Skylake Starter Guide

That looks like a failure to start graphics, and if you're using the GTX 260 then I would expect nv_disable=1 to resolve it.

nv_disable=1 and dart=0 are in the commarnd args by default
but using the space bar and selecting No kexts injected and without cache is what gets to screen shot posted.
I left it a little longer and then the screen went white after about 7 min.
It seems definitely graphics related. Maybe I will have to try and inject Nvidia kext for my GTX-260?
Also these No Kexts injected are they just the 3(FakeSMC, IntelMausiEthernet, USBInjectall) in the Other folder under Clover?

thanks

Skylake Starter Guide

Ok .. so i went with the generic Nvidia drivers in Clover and got to to the install screen
It's not booting via USB or itself yet though ..... progress though ;)

Attachments

• InstallOSX.jpg
    InstallOSX.jpg
    811.8 KB · Views: 107
Skylake Starter Guide

It's installed but needs lots of fixes:
Graphics is messed up and am not seeing proper resolution options
No Sound
Only seeing 8 of 16 Megs
Boots from USB only

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• OSXinstalled.jpg
    OSXinstalled.jpg
    793.4 KB · Views: 138
Skylake Starter Guide

Ok .. so i went with the generic Nvidia drivers in Clover

I'm not sure what that means. Do you have inject nvidia = true or false? What boot arguments are you using?

It's installed but needs lots of fixes:
Graphics is messed up and am not seeing proper resolution options
No Sound
Only seeing 8 of 16 Megs
Boots from USB only

The half-memory problem is covered in the first post -- you need to specify your memory in the SMBIOS section of config.plist.

To get it booting without the USB, you should run MultiBeast, select Quick Start UEFI and nothing else, then go to Build and do the install. After that, copy your EFI content from USB to system drive (MultiBeast will have left the system drive EFI partition mounted, so you just need to mount the USB EFI partition and copy from USB to system drive).

Then remove the USB and reboot and if you've done both of the above you should be able to boot from the system drive and see the correct memory total.

Then look up your board specs and identify the audio chip. If it's an ALC 1150 (common but not universal for Skylake boards), run MultiBeast again, and don't select a quick start -- just go to Drivers / Sound / Realtek and select ALC1150 and then go to Build and install. Then reboot and audio should be working.

For the graphics part, I'll wait on the answers to the top question.

Skylake Starter Guide

One of the HWmonitor plugins, possibly CPU, is known to be incompatible with Skylake. Since MultiBeast installs to the system drive, it would be used even if you boot from the USB, and the problem is not with your EFI partition.

I installed HWMonitor with all four plug-ins – it runs on 10.11.1, 10.11.2, and 10.11.3.
The only issue is that it shows my CPU Fan as GPU Fan, and adds a 19 rpm fan where there is none.
(I removed the whole GPU cooler and replaced it with a big passive one and a silent mainboard fan – temperatures never exceed 70 C in stresstest.)
But the wrong "19 rpm Fan" was shown already before, and the original GPU Fan was not detected.

EDIT:
Okay – found out about the 19 rpm fan: it's the PSU fan. Just the declaration as "Mainboard Fan 5" is wrong.

Skylake Starter Guide

I'm not sure what that means. Do you have inject nvidia = true or false? What boot arguments are you using?

The half-memory problem is covered in the first post -- you need to specify your memory in the SMBIOS section of config.plist.

To get it booting without the USB, you should run MultiBeast, select Quick Start UEFI and nothing else, then go to Build and do the install. After that, copy your EFI content from USB to system drive (MultiBeast will have left the system drive EFI partition mounted, so you just need to mount the USB EFI partition and copy from USB to system drive).

Then remove the USB and reboot and if you've done both of the above you should be able to boot from the system drive and see the correct memory total.

Then look up your board specs and identify the audio chip. If it's an ALC 1150 (common but not universal for Skylake boards), run MultiBeast again, and don't select a quick start -- just go to Drivers / Sound / Realtek and select ALC1150 and then go to Build and install. Then reboot and audio should be working.

For the graphics part, I'll wait on the answers to the top question.

Initially I had just selected Nvidia Generic in Clover which worked. I later changed to Nividia Injected and took out nv_disable=1
with this i get full res but black windows on browsers. I did try the Nvidia cuda driver but no difference there.

I have tried the memory fix but its still seeing it as 8 Mg and not 16

I have tried the Boot fix too but get this error:

Attachments

• CloverBootError.jpg
    CloverBootError.jpg
    826.3 KB · Views: 102
Skylake Starter Guide

Initially I had just selected Nvidia Generic in Clover which worked. I later changed to Nividia Injected and took out nv_disable=1
with this i get full res but black windows on browsers. I did try the Nvidia cuda driver but no difference there.

This doesn't make any sense to me. I don't understand what you mean by "selected Nvidia Generic in Clover". Also, I wouldn't have expected a CUDA driver to make any difference. CUDA is a parallel computing API, it has nothing to do with the appearance of windows on the screen.

I have tried the memory fix but its still seeing it as 8 Mg and not 16

I have tried the Boot fix too but get this error:

Try booting without the USB, and use your BIOS hotkey to select a boot device. Make sure you select UEFI:YourSystemDrive from the list. Then see if you get a Clover menu and can select to boot the installed OS successfully.

If you can, and if you have put the memory settings in the SMBIOS section of the config.plist on your system drive EFI partition, then I would expect the memory total to be correct as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back