Contribute
Register

10.11.0-10.11.3 Skylake Starter Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skylake Starter Guide

Asus z170-A motherboard .

skyline starter's guide wasn't enough to pass the boot stage.

Has anyone had success with Asus z170-A motherboard ?

I have Asus Z170-Deluxe and 6700K.

Only way to get working USB drive is -> Unibeast -> open config.plist to TextEdit.app -> copy IOAPIC fix under <key>KextsToPatch<key> close file.

Remember turn Motherboard clock right time. This is important.

Skylake Starter Guide

I have Asus Z170-Deluxe and 6700K.

Only way to get working USB drive is -> Unibeast -> open config.plist to TextEdit.app -> copy IOAPIC fix under <key>KextsToPatch<key> close file.

Remember turn Motherboard clock right time. This is important.

Thanks for getting back to me .

The Config file that is in the first post already has that fix within the file .

for the motherboard time .. do you mean have the clock correct? it happens to be correct.

Would you mind sharing your config file?

Skylake Starter Guide

Thanks for getting back to me .

The Config file that is in the first post already has that fix within the file .

for the motherboard time .. do you mean have the clock correct? it happens to be correct.

Would you mind sharing your config file?

Yes, I mean clock correct. Z170-Deluxe clock was year 2009 and installer shows 13 minute left and then stop. (my bad english)

First post config.plist doesn't work for me. Installer don't even start.

config.plist KernelAndKextPatches should look like this.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y6r84h6ko9nh5i/AACzs_ELEIUKMhXMxQ8443Fva?dl=0

Skylake Starter Guide

Yes, I mean clock correct. Z170-Deluxe clock was year 2009 and installer shows 13 minute left and then stop. (my bad english)

First post config.plist doesn't work for me. Installer don't even start.

config.plist KernelAndKextPatches should look like this.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9y6r84h6ko9nh5i/AACzs_ELEIUKMhXMxQ8443Fva?dl=0

This is exactly what I have on my installer it still don't work :banghead:

installer starts and apple screen loading but half way the apple logo changes to a sign looks like ( no smoking sign )

Skylake Starter Guide

Try download first page config.plist -> open with Textedit and copy only IOAPIC fix -> paste inside USB config.plist files.

I have also same problem when I copy fix to direct Skylake Starter Guide webpage.

Skylake Starter Guide

This is exactly what I have on my installer it still don't work :banghead:

installer starts and apple screen loading but half way the apple logo changes to a sign looks like ( no smoking sign )

Try my config.plist :p and add the FakeSMC.kext folder to \EFI\CLOVER\Kexts\10.11\

Attachments

• FakeSMC and config.plist11.zip
    38.5 KB · Views: 450
Skylake Starter Guide

Try my config.plist :p and add the FakeSMC.kext folder to \EFI\CLOVER\Kexts\10.11\

Thanks .. But Still didn't work .. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

could there be something I missed in my bios .. or something .. I did all required bios change instructions on the first page.

Skylake Starter Guide

I feel like crying .. I tried everything . :cry:

How about bios firmware update.

I start firmware 0701 -> disabled ioapic in bios -> install without ioapic fix (config.plist) went well.
Then I try change settings with multibeast and system doesn't start anymore.
after that I update newest firmware -> can't disable ioapic in bios anymore -> also big problem because boot order was 1. SSD 2. USB -> change boot order 1. USB and then install start with ioapic fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back