Hello

I have mostly the same setup than you:
  • Asus z170 pro gaming
  • I7-6700k
  • Asus GTX 970 Strix 4go
  • ASUS PCE-AC68 (wireless network card)
  • SSD on SATA
  • 16GB DDR4-2133

I removed my GTX970 and my wireless card for the install and the first boot.
I am able to install El Capitain 10.11.3, but my PC reboot after the middle of the boot sequence. I tried iMac17,1 and MacPro3,1 for the system definition. I'm using "dart=0 -x -v" as boot flag.
The message before the reboot is really quickly showed and I can't read it...

Do you have any idea how to help me ?

Best regards

Flo17

P.S. Sorry for my bad English, I'm not a native speaker

Last edited:
Skylake Starter Guide

Finally got my Rig setup following Carsonp's instructions here using 10.11.3 and the latest Nvidia drivers. Only problem I can't seem to figure out is how to actually ENABLE the Nvidia web drivers. Every time I select them, on reboot, it goes back to using the OSX Default drivers.

Some notes: When I edited the .kext below, it gave me an error when adding it back into the extensions folder. Is that supposed to happen? Everything else was followed to the letter and went super smoothly so i'm curious what went wrong here and what I need to do to fix it.

I've attached my modified AppleGraphicsControl.kext if that helps anyone debug what's going on.

Thanks!

---
6. Install Nvidia web drivers and but don't reboot yet.
6.5 Copy AppleGraphicsControl.kext to the desktop and follow this post to patch it http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...-after-nvidia-346-01-02f01-2.html#post1018395
7. Open the config file on the EFI partition and change nv_disable=1 to nada_drv=1.
---

View attachment AppleGraphicsControl.kext.zip

Skylake Starter Guide

Finally got my Rig setup following Carsonp's instructions here using 10.11.3 and the latest Nvidia drivers. Only problem I can't seem to figure out is how to actually ENABLE the Nvidia web drivers. Every time I select them, on reboot, it goes back to using the OSX Default drivers.

Some notes: When I edited the .kext below, it gave me an error when adding it back into the extensions folder. Is that supposed to happen? Everything else was followed to the letter and went super smoothly so i'm curious what went wrong here and what I need to do to fix it.

I've attached my modified AppleGraphicsControl.kext if that helps anyone debug what's going on.

Thanks!

View attachment 173225
Check out this post, it has what you need, also the proper way to install El Capitan on Skylake without issues.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

Skylake Starter Guide

Thanks for this link - I read it and gave the AGDPfix.app a shot, but I still have the same issue. I'm unable to use the Nvidia Web drivers. It keeps reverting to OSX drivers after a reboot :( - Is there anyone that could walk me through things I could check? I'm sure this is probably something simple that I'm just missing.

FWIW, i'm not getting a black screen like the people in that thread are mentioning.

Thanks!

Check out this post, it has what you need, also the proper way to install El Capitan on Skylake without issues.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...ro-6-1-imac-15-imac-17-system-definition.html

Skylake Starter Guide

successful install 10.11.2 and 10.11.3 in my computer
GA z170-HD3
i7 6700K
64 Gigas RAM DDR4
GIGABYTE GV-N760OC-2GD REV2.0 G-SYNCGeForce GTX 760 2GB 256-Bit
Seagate Desktop HDD ST1000DM003 1TB 64MB Cache
Power Supply Corsair CX750
1 x Cooler Master Hyper T2I
I use this guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...yte-ga-z170-hd3-gigabyte-radeon-r9-390-a.html
Al work perfectly: Network, memory, video CPU speed, sleep and wakeup, BUT

I can't have sound
I try this
Audio:

1. Use the Clover DSDT patch found here, under the audio section. Then reboot.
  2. Mount your EFI.
  3. Run audio_CloverALC-110.command. Reboot.

But don't work
Please some one can help me ??

About-This-Mac.jpgSystem report - Audio.jpgI

Skylake Starter Guide

Well, just a quick update - I started 100% fresh with a clean install, and I must have mucked something up before, because this time my Nvidia GTX 980Ti worked. The one thing that DID trip me up is that in Carsonp's original post, it says to add "nada_drv=1" instead of "nvda_drv_1" and that was probably the start of my issues.

For some reason, I still can't get the Nvidia Beta web drivers to stick after rebooting, but the default OSX drivers in 10.11.3 are working. If anyone has any thoughts on that it would be most appreciated! But i'm basically up and running now. Thanks to everyone who helped!
unnamed.png

Skylake Starter Guide

For some reason, I still can't get the Nvidia Beta web drivers to stick after rebooting, but the default OSX drivers in 10.11.3 are working. If anyone has any thoughts on that it would be most appreciated! But i'm basically up and running now. Thanks to everyone who helped!

I believe the OS X drivers don't work with a 980, and I believe a number of people with Skylake boards have had problems with the Nvidia driver not showing the correct state of which driver is enabled. So I think you actually ARE using the Nvidia drivers.

One easy test: if you use the Nvidia tool to switch from OS X drivers to Nvidia drivers, does it make you reboot immediately? If not, then you are already using the Nvidia drivers.

If you're truly not using the Nvidia drivers, adding the boot argument nvda_drv=1 to config.plist should force it to use them (assuming you don't get the popup message on login that the version installed is incompatible with your OS version).

Skylake Starter Guide

successful install 10.11.2 and 10.11.3 in my computer

Please some one can help me ??

Well the GA-Z170-HD3 has the Realtel ALC887 codec. It has been a while, but as I recall I used MultiBeast to install the audio on my system and it works fine.

Good modding,
neil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back