Contribute
Register

10.10.3 Update Black screen with cursor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance this problem can be solved without kext edits, so using some Clover options or DSDT edit?

EDIT - Yep, verde.kext did the trick. Thanks a lot! The card is detected as HD 7xxx but it is merely cosmetic I think, performance seems good.

mark&up, now using yosemite 10.10.2, will update to el captain and have a try.

I had this issue today with a new Sierra install, 10.12.2. It was running fine yesterday I was downloading XCODE and came back to this. The system would boot fine but all I could see was the cursor and the notification bars in the upper right. I hit tab and typed in my password, voila. For some reason just the login screen was not visible. Hope the simple fix helps others.

I had this issue today with a new Sierra install, 10.12.2. It was running fine yesterday I was downloading XCODE and came back to this. The system would boot fine but all I could see was the cursor and the notification bars in the upper right. I hit tab and typed in my password, voila. For some reason just the login screen was not visible. Hope the simple fix helps others.
Worked

Got this on 10.12.2 this morning. Cheers for posting this fix!

same here with GTX780TI and I5 3570K.

the problem is the GPU. if you will disconnect your GPU it will work. now i'm trying to find how to fix it
Sorry this is an old thread but I have the same graphics card and problem, and was wondering if or how you got it to work?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back